Not your everyday marketing position. Challenging and fast moving, yet friendly and supportive: a career you will look forward to every day. Work with intelligent people in an exciting environment where every month reaches new heights.
- Digital Advertising Specialist (PPC, search engines, video campaigns, etc.)
- Other Positions: We are also hiring for other positions (SEO specialist, social media specialist, media and marketing communications, marketing project manager, business analyst, account manager, infrastructure analyst, software developers, and more). You may apply for multiple positions separately. If you know someone in any of these areas, please do them a quick and friendly favour by letting them know about this posting.
- Full time and permanent
- Flexible hours (for example: choose to start your day between 6am and 10am, work late some days and shorter on others).
- Fast moving in terms of variety of tasks and expectations.
- Get to know our multiple brands over the long-term to produce deep insight "wow" results that continue our brands' fast growth.
- 80% internal marketing projects (for our 5+ technology offerings), 20% client billable marketing projects.
- Gain valuable career experience with campaigns from mature departments to early stage start-up departments, and from patented disruptive products to more routine competitive sectors.
- Gain experience with both small and large projects.
- Responsible for the success of digital campaign spending, and the quality of the KPI metrics and measurement methodology.
- Use many techniques such as platform selection, keyword analysis, competitive analysis, landing pages, A/B testing, data crunching, and lots of iteration to optimize.
- Using many platforms such as Google, Facebook, Bing, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, DoubleClick, private marketplace (PMP) negotiations, and more.
- Wordsmithing advertising headlines.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning of marketing endeavours, especially for early stage departments.
- Occasionally provide brainstorming, feedback, or committee participation to other specialized roles related to demand generation marketing, such as SEO or email newsletter campaigns.
- Provide reports and feedback to marketing project managers, UX designers, department managers, and others.
- Learn about departments from stakeholders, extracting precise information from them.
- Does not involve wasteful bureaucracy or wasteful processes.
- Does not involve constant time-constrainted projects for clients where the budget does not allow for amazing "wow" results.
- Does not involve SEO or social media engagement (we have specialists for that).
- Highly intelligent.
- Superb written English communication skills.
- Gets deeply involved with challenges and will persevere at length to achieve victory.
- Takes pride in work.
- Hard working.
- Good instincts for analyzing data to extract meaning, and distinguishing valuable metrics from irrelevant ones.
- No specific requirements for formal education or industry experience. We evaluate each applicant based on merit and potential rather than formalities.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with PPC, video campaigns, and/or split testing.
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement everywhere.
- Pragmatic approach to balancing perfectionism with getting the job done.
About The Work Environment:
- Friendly, non-threatening, and non-political environment.
- Mid-sized company but retaining the speed and flexibility of a smaller company.
- We are a great environment for both outgoing people and those who are very shy and introverted (applicable to non-client facing positions).
- We strive to have every employee sitting near a window for natural light and to have plenty of plants throughout the office; we care about employee health.
- Free onsite massage therapy.
- Private nap rooms for isolated thinking time or for taking a nap if you didn’t sleep well last night.
- Atrium to enjoy the sun during lunch.
- Social events worth remembering (fencing competitions, curling, video game or board game parties, coding competitions, commando combat training, robotics club coming soon, etc).
- An example of our culture: Lunch together is in a very comfy sofa room, and even the quiet types are comfortable there.
- Unlimited access to pillage our kitchens for caffeine, sugar, healthy snacks, soups, and more : )
- Additional perks that are cost-shared like motorized sit-stand desks.
- Task focused: everyone in the company heavily uses centralized to-do lists to stay organized, prioritize, and coordinate.
- Fast paced
- Consistent work/life balance: mandatory overtime is very rare.
About The Company:
- Silicon Valley kind of excitement and growth potential.
- Fast growth: One of the 200 fastest growing technology companies in North America with 955% growth over 5 years (based on growth rates in published rankings of the 2014 Profit 500 and 2013 Deloitte Technology Fast 500). Canadian Profit Guide ranked us #88 out of 500 for fast growth in Canada, announced in Sept 2015.
- Stable and well diversified.
- Full of smart and passionate people whom you can learn from.
- Very low employee turn-over rate, attesting to the value of working here.
- We do a mix of in-house product development, software development services, electronics manufacturing, and IT services. For consulting, we build both large and small custom software for clients who need an internal system or are commercializing an idea. Our in-house products include the high-security Pleasant Password Server, an innovative tool that lets non-technical people build their own web applications using spreadsheets, an event ticketing system, and other business software.
- An innovative technology company with an aim of achieving results in creative ways.
- We develop high quality software you will take pride in. Our company name says it all.
- Socially conscious (for example, we pay for employees to sponsor hundreds of WorldVision children).
- What do you have to lose by exploring the possibility? Applying does not take long and we keep your application confidential (never disclosed to existing employer).
- Apply online today at https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/newapplication?position=e98a3fa0-3d22-4d8a-b446-a819014d9d60&lockedPosition=true
- Even if you don't have your resume updated or ready to go, apply anyways, we want to hear from you!
- Please do not apply via email, apply only by visiting https://pleasantsolutions.com/careers/newapplication?position=e98a3fa0-3d22-4d8a-b446-a819014d9d60&lockedPosition=true
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent