When you're an employee of Advantage Communications, you're home. We are looking for strong community leaders who embody our 5 core values. If you are passionate, honest, respectful, innovative and driven to be the best, we'd very much like you to become a member of our team!
The scope of the Custodian is to provide Advantage Communications Inc and staff with having the facilities of a clean and healthy workplace. While keeping our Motto Cleanliness is of the utmost importance always present.
HOW TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBLITIES include the following however other duties may be assigned
- Clean and care for building in order to ensure it is maintained in a safe and healthy manner
- Clean Offices, Board Room, and all call centre areas Mop all areas within the building including Admin Vacuum all carpeted areas Dust all furniture and fixtures as required Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures Wash and disinfect all workstations, chairs Clean all mirrors Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans and replacing all liners as required Place garbage in outside storage bin Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware Keep outside area clean and clear of snow/debris Clean all fridges out on a weekly basis making sure to disinfect all shelves and bins Spot wipe all walls to keep them clean of dust and dirt Perform and /or report any minor maintenance repairs IE: Bulbs, cleaning tiles changed Clean sinks and counters and keep clear of debris Report any major damage Cleaning all window's inside and out. Making sure all window sills are free of dust Other cleaning duties as required
- Maintain storage area and cleaning equipment, materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner in order to ensure the safety of staff and guests.
- Secure and maintain all storage areas Keep storage areas organized and accessible Ensure all cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner Restock all supplies to ensure always enough cleaning materials Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure that equipment is made note of if needing repair.
- Attend weekly meetings as required.
- Also general maintenance duties such as painting, ceiling tile replacement, plumbing and light bulb replacement
- This role will have no supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment. Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WIMIS). Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products. Ability to work under little supervision.
- The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills: Decision making skills, problem solving skills, effective verbal and listening communications skills, time management skills, and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
Working & Environment
- Physical Demands Sensory Demands Mental Demands Environmental Conditions (inside and outside work) Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Flexible work hours may be required
- Criminal Background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- custodian: 1 year (Preferred)