| About the role
We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic individual, who is naturally curious and can bring some fresh ideas to the team. Reporting to the Manager, High Value Payments Products, the QA Test Analyst coordinates, with some supervision, user acceptance testing (UAT) and business analysis functions for Payments Canada’s Large Value Transfer System (LVTS).
Within this role, you will be expected to become fully familiar with the LVTS and handle all testing requirements from the front and back-end. You will define and document processes and procedures related to technical business requirements analysis and quality assurance activities as part of an overall System Development Life Cycle. Exercising your communication skills, you will also address member requests for use of the Payments Canada testing environments. You are a creative thinker who can provide innovative automation solutions to reduce the turnaround time for testing with deep coverage of the application, as testing is currently a manual process.
This position is a 2 year term.
| What we’re looking for
- Post-secondary education in computer science, business, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis and quality assurance related activities
- Experience in refining business requirements to technical business requirements
- Experience with development, execution and maintenance of test cases
- Experience with managing defects life cycle
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices
- Experience in using GIT, Confluence, and JIRA
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain
| It would be great if you had
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium, Katalon Studio, Node.js and JMeter
- Knowledge of common scripting languages (Python, Shell)
| What we can offer you
- Competitive compensation package
- Health and dental benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- Prime downtown locations (Ottawa & Toronto) close to transit and shopping
- Gym and shower facilities
- Bike lockers
Please submit your application by March 27, 2019.
| About us
We are a unique organization at the centre of the payments ecosystem and Canadian economy. We are responsible for balancing and leading in an environment of multiple interests, ideas and challenges. We successfully navigate these challenges by adhering to a set of values that in themselves are tensions: Think Big + Act Responsibly, Be Ambitious + Raise the Team, Keep Momentum + Be Rigorous. We are successful as individuals, as teams, as an organization and for our members and stakeholders if we strike to balance these values in all that we do.
Payments Canada is committed to having a diverse, representative workforce and continuing to build an inclusive environment. We encourage applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. All employment decisions are made based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. Please let us know if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. We can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.