Must provide a cover letter and resume. Semi-retired individuals are welcome to apply
REQUIREMENT needs to be registered to provide counselling in the province of British Columbia.
REPORTING to the CRHS Clinical Lead, the Grief Counsellor is responsible for counselling all age groups who are grieving or experiencing end-of-life.
The Grief Counsellor provides virtual counselling sessions to individuals and families on behalf of CRHS through Zoom. The Grief Counsellor will receive weekly virtual supervision sessions with the Lead Clinical Counsellor to ensure quality, integrated and comprehensive service delivery to the community.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & HOURS:
This position is between 3-5 days per week 8 hrs a day Monday-Friday 8 am-4 pm. Hours and days of work to be negotiated in the contract. This is a remote position. Must have own computer and supporting hardware to provide virtual counselling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Counsellor is required to perform a range of duties that will evolve as the pandemic situation changes. Duties including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provides counselling to children and adults dealing with trauma-based grief or experiencing end-of-life
- Potentially participates/co-facilities virtual grief and end-of-life support groups
- Develops and maintains grief and end-of-life resource materials
- Attends weekly supervision sessions with the Clinical Counsellor Lead
- Maintains a high level of ongoing support to clients
- Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant to maintain client files and appointments
- Identifies and maintains appropriate resources for clients.
- Potentially provides supervision and coordination of Direct Volunteers
GENERAL ORGANIZATIONAL DUTIES
- Reflects and interprets CRHS Vision, Mission and Core Values in his/her own work with enthusiasm and commitment
- Take direction and feedback from the clinical supervisor
- Participates in providing high-level quality of services to our community
- Ensures accuracy, confidentiality and safekeeping of CRHS records
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or Clinical Lead
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters in Social Work preferred or equivalent.
- Membership in a Professional Counselling Association within British Columbia
- Maintains own practice insurance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the grief process
- Demonstrates knowledge of the end-of-life process
- Demonstrated knowledge of family systems and caregiver’s role
- Demonstrated experience with anticipatory grief, compounded grief, complicated grief and traumatic loss
- Experience/knowledge of working with children ages 4 years and up
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the philosophy of hospice palliative care and the needs of the dying, their families and the bereaved.
APTITUDES AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and maintain a working relationship with clients
- Ability to counsel children and youth
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate support systems
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Demonstrated sensitivity to issues of loss and grief
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries in the face of sorrow, pain, and suffering;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently;
- A high degree of flexibility and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to use all relevant technology including a client management database, zoom, Microsoft office etc.)
- Willingness to learn new software programs
- Ability to maintain a focused and disciplined work ethic at all times
Please email a cover letter and resume to CRHS Executive Director Louise Daviduck
Contract length: 6 months
Part-time hours: 24-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $29.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday