Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Director, Business Analysis- Global Banking & Markets (GBM) Technology AML Office
The candidate will report directly to the Head of Planning, Design and Controls, TAMLO. Prime accountability is the delivery and support of complex regulatory and compliance technology solutions for AML / ATF to meet the business needs (GBM). The individual is responsible to provide business analysis, project management and technology guidance to internal stakeholders and to implement standards and best practices for TAMLO Technology. The candidate will need to have strong regulatory knowledge, risk management, project management skills, with the ability to manage various stakeholders and lead teams to ensure all streams of the projects are thoroughly, accurately and timely completed providing excellent customer service.
The Director, Business Analysis- Global Banking & Markets (GBM)TAMLO is responsible for managing a set of tasks and techniques used to work as a liaison amongst various stakeholders to understand the structure, policies, and operations of GBM in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate IT and business requirements for changes to business processes, polices, and information technology systems.
The incumbent will recommend technical / business solutions that enable the organization (GBM) to achieve its goals.
Leads the business unit leaders and forms alliances on projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflict and vendor management contracts.
Day-to-day operations and projects are extremely complex in nature - involving multiple systems with multiple dependencies crossing diverse business units and/or geographies with the involvement of multiple stakeholders (business partners across the enterprise and other IT functions).
Manage and supervise departmental and project staff by setting performance expectations, monitoring performance, providing performance feedback including the preparation of performance appraisals, and as needed, providing counsel and coaching, and arranging for formal training. This includes succession planning and the recruiting of qualified staff.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
1. Independently resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems, which are often unstructured and without precedent to meet the business needs of the end users.
- Apply expert financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions.
- May involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis, that provide interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
2. Manage major, multi-disciplinary projects to implement solutions to business problems.
- Involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources
- Oversee the defining of business requirements, processes and preparation of business case proposals
- Oversee the development of testing, conversion, and implementation strategies
- Oversee the development of detailed project plans, the monitoring of progress against planned objectives, the financial review, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management
3. Provide business support to GBM within the scope of accountability. This is made more challenging due to differences in time zones and the variation in the business lines.
- Including new and existing product structuring, risk measurement and management, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and implementing and operationalizing new systems, processes and procedures including enhancements.
- Managing vendor relationships, contracts and system maintenance arrangements.
- Directing and ensuring a high level of steady state production support
4. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of both the Bank’s and the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions, services and support to the end user business lines.
What You Will Bring to Succeed
Thorough knowledge of Global Banking & Markets processes.
Thorough knowledge of Global Banking & Markets major/key business units.
Hold a relevant and recognized degree and proven IT experience with an emphasis on highly complex systems/business initiatives.
Have 5-7 years of IT and/or business industry work experience, which includes at least 3 years of experience in managing teams or projects.
You have intermediate to advanced skill in the use of MS Excel (pivot tables; macros; formulas), mapping & flow chart software tool, MS Project, JIRA, and Confluence.
Certifications in project management / Scrum master desired.
Must have expertise in very complex business and technical processes and their implications across the enterprise.
Working knowledge of Bank accounting and budgetary process.
Excellent communication and presentation skills (written/verbal)
Proven relationship management skills
We are technology partners who help the business transform how our employees around the world work
We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning
We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results
We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Is this Role not the Exact fit?
Sign up to stay in touch; we’ll let you know when we have new positions on the team.
Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.