Position: Registered Nurse (RN)
Location: Shouldice Hospital, Thornhill, ON
Job Status: Part-time (2)
Department: Inpatient Surgery Unit
Shift: Days, Evenings, Nights, and Weekends
Hours: 7.5 Hour Shifts
Reports To: Inpatient Unit Manager
Deadline: January 31st, 2020
* This position is represented by ONA
Reporting to the manager, the Registered Nurse provides holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices, RNAO Best Practice Guidelines, and the policies and procedures set by Shouldice Hospital. As a member of and in collaboration with the inter-professional surgical team, the Registered Nurse contributes to creating a world-class patient experience with every interaction throughout the patient journey based on professionalism, excellence in patient care, and Shouldice Hospital’s commitment to remain the world leader in Hernia surgery.
Qualifications and expectations
· Bachelor of Science of Nursing (BScN) from a recognized institution.
· Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) will be an asset.
· 1-2 years nursing experience in acute care, inpatient surgery, Recovery Room or ICU.
· Experience with phlebotomy, IV insertion and IV medication management.
· Knowledge of Pre-op and post-op assessment, patient teaching, and documentation skills.
· Sound knowledge of CNO Practice Standards and the Three Factor Frame Work.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and listening skills with an ability to work effectively with others.
· Demonstrated strong decision making, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
· Proven organizational skills with an ability to manage workload effectively.
· Ability to effectively resolve conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
· Knowledge of Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
· Experience and knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control measures in hospitals.
· Practices in accordance with the CNO’s Confidentiality and Privacy-Personal Health Information Practice Standard and adheres to the policies and procedures of Shouldice Hospital.
· Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Shouldice Hospital’s unwavering commitment to excellence in patient care and health care experience.
· Demonstrates values consistent with Shouldice Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policies and legislation.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent