Position: Winnipeg Friendship Centre Program Manager
Classification: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Subject to Qualifications
The Winnipeg Friendship Centre Program Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and managing of the Winnipeg Friendship Centre programming and partnerships. Ensures the reporting of the Centre’s funded programs to funding partners is in the format outlined in funding agreements, including the supervision of staff under this unique program.
The Winnipeg Friendship Centre Program Manager is a part of the Executive Team that ensures all services provided by the Centre are consistent with the Centre’s Mission, values and Strategic Plan. The Manager will also report indirectly to a steering committee made up of Indigenous leaders that have a vested interest in ensuring the re-establishment of a Friendship Centre in Winnipeg.
· Post secondary education in the area of Human Services or acceptable equivalent / related experience;
· Strong report writing skills;
· Oversee the management of funding agreements and ensure all requirements are being met;
· Ability to develop program financial budgets in consultation with Executive Team;
· Ability to provide supervision;
· Strong verbal and written communication skills;
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
· Strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills with keen organizational and consultative ability;
· Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with Indigenous and Non- Indigenous organizations;
· Strong understanding of community based models of practice;
· Strong motivational and leadership skills;
· Team player/facilitator in order to encourage an environment that fosters effective results in teams;
· Provide leadership to make change, implement and provide strategic direction;
· Understanding of Indigenous values and community issues;
· Ability to prioritize work schedule;
· Ability to set and meet deadlines;
· Ability to work under stressful situations;
· Ability to implement program polices and protocols;
· Subject to a current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry.
All letters of interest and Resumes must be received no later than 4:00 p.m., January 31, 2020.
Attention: Jacqueline Trout, Human Resources Assistant
Ma Mawi Wi Chi Itata Centre, Inc
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent