IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care. and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At NYGH, our team is making a world of difference. NYGH has recently been ranked the #2 Hospital in Canada by Newsweek.
Admin Coordinator, Facilities Management
Under the direction of the Manager, Facilities Management, you will assist in the coordination of Facilities Management administrative activities. You oversee the preventative maintenance schedule and coordinate day to day activities with other Facilities employees in your department. You will assist in coordinating administrative activities with outside vendors as well as oversee Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). You will organize and assist in controlling functions of CMMS in maintenance operations, construction, financial management and office operations. You will organize and manage all aspects of customer service functions for the department, provide reports to management and assist with submitting ideas on continuous quality improvement. You will contribute to the overall success of the Facilities Management department.
This position supports the hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Plan, coordinate and review work activities for facilities staff, including PM schedules and demand work orders, by utilizing the CMMS application, determines priority level, provides advice to staff on procedures, problem areas, job specifications, and required documentation.
- Respond to urgent maintenance calls and participate in the creation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Administer and direct the day-to-day computer data management.
- Coordinate service provider on site activities, keep records of service reports and other reports.
- Provide data information on operations, utilities, construction projects and regulatory compliance plan.
- Provide daily/weekly /monthly reports to Manager, Facilities Management.
- Attend education programs and in-service meetings.
- Maintain responsibility for the smooth running of the CMMS
- Ensure data entry relating to inventory in all systems is up to date and accurate
- Interface with end users to determine expectations and requirements; assist with negotiating deadlines.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of all parts and equipment, including ordering and stocking, as necessary
- Assist in the development of systems to monitor equipment usage and produce monthly management reports
- Administer database of preventive maintenance and routine work orders including validation of tasks.
- Create and maintain an order control system including regular periodic reports to management.
- Undertake minor capital and repair projects, involving keeping track of repair projects on spreadsheet and providing reports on the stage of project completion.
- Audit, research, gather data and prepare reports on costs, quality assurance and day to day operations
- Process requisitions for POs and maintains up-to-date records
- Provide accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions to finance on time
- Coordinate and manage records for mandatory training within department
- Post-secondary community College Diploma or equivalent combined experience and education required
- Education and experience in one of the technology programs preferred (electrical, mechanical, HVAC, etc.)
- 3-5 years’ experience in Facilities Management, preferably in a hospital environment
- Excellent time management skills, strong organization and written/verbal communication skills
- Previous working knowledge with a CMMS
- Prior experience with procurement
Bilingualism in French/English an asset
What We Offer
We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that includes benefits, pension, and vacation. If you were searching for more reasons to consider joining the wonderful team at NYGH, check out some features of our Total Rewards package by visiting nygh.on.ca
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.