You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
Be a part of our expanding and diverse global network of digital teams servicing clients in 147 countries. When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals identifying how digital technology can drive transformative growth and enable our clients to gain a competitive advantage to be at the forefront of the digital evolution.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Our Advisory Services team is growing. We are looking for Senior Consultant and/or Manager, with at least two years’ experience in forensic accounting, to join our team.
You will be part of a team carrying out forensic accounting mandates, including mandates in litigation assistance, business valuation, forensic investigation, fraud or embezzlement risk management and prevention, background research, etc.
Our highly specialized group will give you a unique opportunity to be exposed to many interesting and challenging situations. KPMG is committed to developing your capabilities and providing you with ongoing training.
- Lead or assist in forensic accounting mandates such as financial fraud investigations, fraud prevention, forensic examinations, calculating and analyzing claims for financial losses, providing advisory services, preparing financial data, and tracking funds and accounts.
- Review or produce financial reports as an independent expert.
- Plan and supervise the drafting of reports for mandates and take part in producing deliverables.
- Analyze financial data, examine documents, carry out in-depth research and conduct forensic accounting engagements concerning, for instance, contractual disputes, asset misappropriations and conflicts of interest.
- Act as a recognized resource person for all complex issues relating to your area of expertise, in conjunction with the Senior Manager.
- Ensure the quality of reports and deliverables and see that the firm’s quality standards are applied.
- Advise clients about complex business issues.
- Implement investigative plans concerning sensitive litigation cases and objectively analyze complex financial issues.
- Be able to integrate different expertise to meet client needs.
- Supervise and coordinate a team’s work as needed according to the circumstances.
- Prepare and assist in examinations.
- Maintain sustained, stable and enduring relations with clients and act as a business partner.
- Solicit opportunities and present the portfolio of KPMG services in a variety of forums.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, CPA and/or DESS in Accounting.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Forensic Accounting and/or Business Valuation.
- Specialization in Forensic Accounting, with an additional professional designation, such as CBV, CFA, CFE or CFF.
- Experience in some of the following software would be considered an asset: Alteryx, SQL, ACL / Galvanize / IDEA, Tableau / Power BI, Python, R, and SAS.
- Rapid adaptability in a changing environment and in projects that are constantly evolving.
- Have an advanced level in financial modeling.
- Work experience in a fast-paced project environment, with tight deadlines and varying working hours.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, with the ability to identify and define problems in a clear and articulate manner and develop creative solutions to meet client needs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in French and English, including the ability to prepare and make presentations, conduct interviews and lead workshops for clients
- Solid writing skills, including the ability to prepare detailed technical reports and summaries.
- Proven ability to work in a team collaborative environment and facility in receiving and providing feedback.
- Relationship development and management skills, with the ability to interact, establish credibility and build trust among a wide range of professionals at all levels.
- Be familiar with IT, including Excel (advanced level), Word, PowerPoint, Access and other relevant software.
- Enjoy working as a team and be ready to do engagements in other areas of advisory services when needed.
- Be mobile.
- Being driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
- Maintaining regular communication with the management team including Managers, Senior Managers and Partners, as well as clients.
- Bringing intelligence and dedication to meet demands at key times of pressure and to deliver the results expected by clients.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication | We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.