The Warehouse Clerk is responsible for a range of tasks in the warehouse using different instruments and equipment while ensuring respect for established standards and health and safety standards.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Receive and inspect inbound product according to established procedures.
- Put away product in correct location based on procedures.
- Receive returns, count and confirm quantities, determine condition and complete paperwork.
- Obtain orders, prioritize if necessary, and select products from the proper locations.
- Verify accuracy of orders picked, escalate concerns to Manager.
- Stage and securely pack product based on procedures.
- Place the appropriate documentation with each order and ensure all cases are clearly labelled and accurately marked (e.g., pick/pack slips, stickers).
- Palletize cases, wrap, and load pallets onto trailers.
- Create shipping labels and other paperwork for parcels and LTL skid shipments (e.g., waybills, shipping manifests, shipping labels); maintain accurate shipping data in warehouse management system.
- Stage and coordinate outbound shipments.
- Perform cycle counts & annual count.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and complies with all health and safety standards.
Experience and education:
- Energetic, dependable, punctual, team player, capable of working on their own, detail oriented and able to multi task.
- Must possess basic computer skills; experience with shipping software ("WMS") an asset.
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- RF scanner experience is considered an asset.
- Forklift Driving Certificate is considered an asset.
- Qualified in the handling and preparation for shipment of hazardous and dangerous goods is considered an asset.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Receiving Clerk or Picker-Packer in a warehouse.