The Mountaineer Lodge offers staff a friendly professional workplace in the beautify village of Lake Louise. This locally owned hotel with 80 rooms provides warm hospitality, standard rooms and suites, complimentary breakfast and laundry facilities for guests.
For more information about our property, location and staff accommodation, please visit us at www.mountaineerlodge.jobs
- Respect – for ourselves, others, and the environment
- Integrity – we do what we say we will do
- Responsibility – we take responsibility for our actions
- Teamwork – working together to deliver on our mission and vision
- Care and Safety – We reflect this in our actions and words.
What will I be doing?
The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the department runs smoothly and fills in when the Front Desk Manger is on days off . Reporting to the Front Desk Manager, you will be providing leadership to a small team of 4 - 6 employees and ensure they complete their daily tasks safely, treat other team members with respect and ensure guests are provided with friendly, knowledgeable service.
Responsibilities are as follows, but not limited to:
- Ensuring customer oriented and friendly service all the time.
- Register arriving guests and process checkouts
- Provide information on hotel facilities and local points of interest and provide guest services (concierge), baggage handling as required.
- Process telephone calls, e-mail and reservations from all sources.
- Maintain good communications with all departments and provide support as required to other departments
- Complete cash summary and submission each shift.
- Training, coaching and performance evaluations of front desk agents as required.
- Assist with group reservations.
- Address complaints and specific customer requests.
- Monitor, stock and submit requests for office supplies to Manager.
- Ensure that all Occupational Health & Safety policies and training are followed.
What qualifications, experience and attitudes would be a good fit for the position?
- Experience as a Front Desk Supervisor preferred
- Strong English communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on problem-solving.
- Good organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Prior cash and credit card transactions and clerical experience is an asset.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, as the Front Desk operates on WebRezPro Reservation System.
- Must be self-motivated within the office environment and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset (German, Dutch, French, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese).
- Must have a valid work permit for Canada to be considered.
- A criminal record check will be required
· Subsidized shared staff accommodation with free wifi
· Performance bonus in summer months
· Laundry facilities in all housing units
· Team lunches and activities
· Friends and family discount at Mount Robson Inn (Jasper) and Mountaineer Lodge (Lake Louise) based on availability
· Opportunities to meet new people while exploring and enjoying some of Canada’s spectacular mountain national parks
· Benefits can start after six months with the company
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
We meet or exceed all provincial guidelines for ensuring guest and staff safety. More details will be provided in the interview.
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)