Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Human Capital (HC)
Job Description & Summary
A career in Human Resources, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference at PwC by helping to fully leverage the skills and talents of all our people. You’ll help our local offices in driving the Firm’s people strategy, creating a unique people experience for each individual, and supporting our Firm wide values by working with the core competencies that measure and drive individual and Firm wide success in the marketplace.
Our Human Resources Information Systems team provides human resource technology support to PwC. As part of the team, you’ll help design, implement, and operate Human Resources technology application that help us develop insights and strategies for our people and to drive business results.
I mportant point(s) to consider
- Please note that this is an entirely virtual role in Canada.
- Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future: The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details .
What you'll create and do
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Technical Support - (80%)
- Support the daily operations of the firm’s HC systems - including but not limited to: HRMS (Workday), applicant tracking system (Workday), benefits (Workday), payroll (Workday), Absence (Workday), the Firm’s LMS (Cornerstone), and a variety of other applications
- Provide support to the firm’s HC application end users
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve functional and technical issues
- Participate in testing of system enhancements, bug fixes, and new releases
- Participate in user acceptance testing activities
- Assist with the preparation of data loads (eibs)
- Escalate client tickets and requests to global teams as required
- Create and update team’s process documentation and guides
- Produce, analyze and automate HR reports using a variety of technology
- Review and administer security and access on a variety of systems and applications
- Assess downstream impacts to system updates and configuration changes
- Support integrations between Workday and other HR applications
Client Support - (20%)
- Liaison with global and local teams both internally and externally
- Identify areas for improvement and recommend system and/or process updates in order to drive innovation and change
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of upgrades and new applications
- Assist in the design and development of customized applications/business solutions that support the firm's HC business strategy and are aligned with legal and regulatory requirements
- Key contact (Data Steward) on a number of globally supported systems (e.g. PMDM, Workday, Vantage, etc.)
- Participate in projects specific to application updates and implementations
- Identify process improvements that meet the strategic and directional objectives for the firm’s HC systems including automation
- Participate in special projects as required
What you’ll bring to this role
- An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
- Demonstrated experience in Workday support or other HRMS in the capacity of an HR Technology Analyst/Specialist or similar role
- Proven working experience providing user support (troubleshooting, security, etc.)
- Experience working with and supporting Sharepoint and Google based technologies with a variety of report writing tools with a strong knowledge of Google and Microsoft Office products
- Prior exposure to analytics and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) tools – i.e. Tableau, Alteryx is considered an asset
- Prior experience supporting payroll, HR Benefits, Absence, HRIS security and Absence plans an asset.
- Background in using ServiceNow or other technical support ticket tracking system
- Knowledge of ITIL methodologies and processes (Incident, Change & Problem Management, Transition)
- Ability to analyze data, develop and implement solutions
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Proven success in effectively balancing conflicting demands and priorities and capable of working with tight deadlines
- Interest in applying new skills, systems and processes, is flexible and adapts well to change
- Creative approach to problem solving and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong customer service attitude and focus
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in a constantly changing, highly dynamic environment
Education (if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications (if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages (If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s’engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu’il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d’autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d’adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu’il nous fera plaisir d’examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.