JOB VACANCY FOR CHILD/YOUTH SUPPORT WORKER
Application deadline: UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
The Community Support Worker (CSW) assists clients with their physical, vocational, recreational, social, emotional, and daily life skill development. The CSW supports clients to achieve the greatest degree of independence and quality of life as possible
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or Diploma in area directly related to supporting people with developmental disabilities such as Social Services, Human Services, or Education.
* 1-2 years of experience working with people with developmental disabilities in vocational & community settings preferred but WILLING TO ACCEPT NEW GRADUATES
* Demonstrated ability to successfully implement instructional and proactive training programs for clients.
* Must be able to perform lifts and transfers of 25 lbs.
* Experience implementing positive behavior support programs in a day program environment preferred,
* Must be able to work with HIGH CHALLENGING CLIENT.
* Must be able to willing and able to work all over Vancouver, Richmond, and Surrey.
STANDARD REQUIREMENTS OF THE COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER INCLUDE:
* Criminal Record Clearance
* Medical Clearance
* Food Safe
* Valid First Aid/CPR
* Non-violent Crisis Intervention Certification (will train)
* Demonstrated competency in English
* Basic computer literacy
* Eligible to work in Canada
WHAT WE OFFER
* RATE $15-$18
* Permanent Full-time employment
* Minimum 8 hours per shift
* Extended Health Benefits and Travel insurance under Sun Life (after probation)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 /hour