Position Title: Live In-Home Support Youth Worker
Term: Full time, Part Time, Casual
Supervisor: Program House Manager
Residential Youth Worker to support children and youth in a therapeutic home setting. The youth worker will be part of a care team that supports the grow and development of children and youth to their full potential. This position requires strong relationship building and the ability to connect with children/youth in a trusting way. WS is seeking fulltime 3 days on (24hrs) 3 days off shift rotations. Wiidookodaadiwin Services offers flexibility, competitive wages, Full benefit package, training and opportunity for professional growth. Meals included on shift. Employee must have a reliable Vehicle and willing to have business insurance on it.
Duties and responsibilities:
You will provide a therapeutic daily living environment for the residents of Wiidookodaadiwin Services. This includes supporting safety, culture and a sense belonging in the home. The tasks included but not limited to are:
- Work effectively within an integrated team to support the children and youth we work with.
- Provide culturally appropriate daily experiences that support and promote the development of the youth.
- Introduce cultural activities and materials with the children and youth.
- Plan, implement and evaluate daily activities and experiences to meet the goals of the child or youth.
- Build Positive relationships with children and youth, and their families.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all team members and community professionals.
- Attend all team meetings and staff meeting as an active participant.
- Participate in regular professional development, research, and strategies.
- Attend appointments with the Youth.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Support the youth with homework.
- Teaching and supporting care and cleaning of the home.
- Self care and grooming skills.
- Money management.
- Employment readiness skills.
- Crisis intervention.
- Preferred Diploma in Social Services, Human Services, or Social Work, or a related field Bachelor’s degree in Social Work considered an asset. Or a combination of education and experience.
- At least 6 months previous related work experience is required.
- Experience working with high risk youth, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, FASD, ADHD and ASD.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Experience working with individuals with addictions
- Preferred Training:
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention Certificate
- Valid 1 first aid level one
- Naloxone training
- Food safe training
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Culturally sensitivity and knowledge of Aboriginal culture and history.
- Ability to use strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive daily case notes and reporting skills.
- Computer literacy and MS Office experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and work effectively with others in a one-to-one setting.
- Excellent organization, time and house management skills.
- Must be an individual who demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively and in partnership with other programs and resources in the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, professionalism, non-judgmental attitudes at all times.
- To be physically and emotionally fit to work with children and youth. Self awareness and self evaluation skills.
- Ability to self regulate, meet deadlines, have attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems with flexibility and creativity.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, find common ground to create a positive outcome for all individuals involved.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must provide a vehicle in good operating condition with appropriate vehicle insurance to meet program requirements.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an approved criminal record check.
- Valid BC Drivers License (Class 5)
Wiidookodaadiwin Services operates support services and residences 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pay Grade280.00-320.00 per 24 hr shift.
- Kamloops BC and Merritt BC
Note: only screened in applicants will be contacted. WS is exempt and allowed to give preference in hiring First Nations, under Section 15(2) of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Wiidookodaadiwin Services thanks all of those who apply, however only qualified candidates will be considered for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $280.00 to $400.00 /day
- Social Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)