Are you a motivated professional looking to join one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies? If so, McElhanney Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our engineering team in Kitimat as a Structural Technician. The successful candidate will work with a team of structural engineers in the Kitimat office and collaborate with technicians and engineers in other McElhanney offices across western Canada. This is an ideal opportunity for a talented individual to join our growing team.
With the recently announced LNG Canada Project, this is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to get involved early on with a well established and reputable consultant, with a long history in the local area.
Relocation assistance is available for the successful candidate.
For additional information and opportunities in Kitimat, visit our customized Kitimat careers page.
- Detailed design and drafting of steel, concrete, wood and masonry structures including connections and reinforcement details for wide variety of structural engineering projects, including buildings, bridges and civil structures
- Carrying out field reviews and site supervision
- Collaborate with other disciplines both internally and externally
- Assisting in improving AutoCAD standards for structural drafting
- Mentorship of junior staff
- Diploma of Technology or Certificate from a nationally accredited program or equivalent
- 5 or more years’ experience in structural design and drafting
- Registration as a CTech or AScT with ASTTBC, or eligibility to be registered, is an asset
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and 3D
- Experience in Building Information Modeling (BIM), especially Revit, would be an asset
- Experience with national and provincial building codes, and standards for steel (CAN/CSA-S16), concrete (CAN/CSA-A23.3), wood (CAN/CSA-O86) and masonry (CAN/CSA-S304)
- Attention to detail and drive for excellence
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as well as a positive, team-orientated attitude
- Client relationship skills
- Flexibility to manage changing priorities on short notice
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
Known as BC's northern capital, Prince George is a leader in business, healthcare, education, shopping and culture. Residents of Prince George enjoy lower costs of living which allow residents to enjoy a higher discretionary income. Recreation opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hiking to any team sport you can think of. With over 300 days of sunny weather every year, you won't find a better place for outdoor adventures!
Located in the Northern BC wilderness, The Kitimat River and nearby coastline is a compelling town to call home for families and adventure-seekers alike, who are looking to grow their career in a place that offers so much opportunity for families and professional growth.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.