Mettech requires a system technician to join our team.
Mettech manufactures advanced plasma thermal spray coating equipment and provides expert coating service, support and development to customers from a wide range of industries including aerospace, automotive, energy, printing, pulp & paper, mining, and metals & metal processing. Headquartered in Surrey, British Columbia, Northwest Mettech Corp. is a leader in developing thermal spray technology. Mettech is a pioneer in Axial Suspension Plasma Spray Technology with innovative liquid injection (suspension feeders) and surface engineered coating solutions
What you will BRING
· Your experience and technician skills to assemble, test, and install automated control systems for plasma spray equipment
· Your skills to support customers both remotely and onsite
· A good hands-on aptitude
· Ability to work in a team as well as work independently
· Knowledge of PLCs, HMI and instrumentation
· Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read and understand electrical schematic
· A positive mindset and sense of excitement for being in the action everyday on-site
· A proven track record of team collaboration
· Familiar with common hand and power tools
· Your desire to travel internationally
· The legal ability to work in Canada
· Soldering, Brazing, AutoCAD, Solidworks
What YOU Will Do
· Support our worldwide clients though email and telephone support
· Collaborate and keep the lines of communication open when working with team members
· Embrace the learning experience and be open to taking on new challenges
What’s in it for YOU?
Note: No financial relocation assistance is available for this position.
Reference ID: Electrical Control Systems Technician
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent