2171449 Alberta Ltd is recruiting on behalf of our client,Holiday Inn Edmonton South - Evario Events – The First H4 property with Conferencing and Banqueting facilities in Canada with 126 state of the art rooms, Lobby restaurant & bar, a 20,000 sq ft banqueting and conferencing facilities. We are looking for YOU to join our team.
- Take orders for and serve all food and beverage requests, clear tables during service. Control guest checks and secure proper payment.
- Ensure station and table set-ups are complete and perform various side duties as assigned by the Operations Manager/Restaurant Supervisor.
- Maintain proper condition and cleanliness of dining areas and servicing equipment.
- Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner.
- Participate in all supportive functions as needed, by providing direct service to guest, including but not limited to serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general duties.
- Follow duties list and any other duties added by the F&B Outlets Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Follow Hotel’s policies, procedures, adhere to appearance standards memo and any other memos from management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Server/Bartender role is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Micros knowledge is an asset.
- Must have Proserve Certification.
- Basic Knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill a variety of opening or closing duties.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
*We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Holiday Inn Edmonton South – Evario Events, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application. **
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- server: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greeting and seating customers
- Taking, confirming orders and relaying to the kitchen or bar staff
- Serving food
- Serving alcohol
- Busing, cleaning, and resetting tables
- Answering phone calls
- Placing to-go orders
- Prep or side work
- Preparing bill and processing payment
- Assisting kitchen, such as plating and garnishing menu items
- Cleaning duties such as stocking, sanitizing, sweeping floors, washing dishes
- Reconciling daily cash transactions