Client Service Representatives form an integral part of the ICBC team by delivering professional and informative frontline services to the Corporation's diverse customer base. As well as operating out of a Driver Licencing Centre, they provide valuable practical assistance to the driver examination process by performing follow-vehicle duties. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to advance their customer service experience in a corporate environment.
Location: Kelowna and Penticton (3 days a week in Kelowna, 2 days a week in Penticton)
Duration: 7 months, to start in March 2020. Possibility of extension or permanent opportunities upon completion of the contract
Schedule: 37.5 hours per week
Hourly Wage: $23.86 (+ 18.8% in lieu of benefits/vacation = $28.34)
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Respond to a variety of inquiries related to driver licensing
· Explain licensing policies and procedures to clients, including frustrated individuals and those whose first language is not English
· Determine whether requirements for driver’s license renewals, duplicates and BCID cards have been met
· Assess identification/documents to ensure validity
· Administer knowledge/vision tests and determine results
· Operate digital photo and vision testing equipment
· Follow procedures related to cash handling and revenue transactions
· Access computer systems and databases to enter, retrieve, analyze, and edit a variety of reports and data
· Comply with privacy regulations and work in accordance with specified timelines
· Perform follow-vehicle duties (driving ICBC car following another vehicle being tested for a license while the driver examiner takes notes in the passenger seat).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High school diploma
· 2 years' experience working in a customer-facing environment
· Cash handling experience in a busy environment (banking experience is an asset)
· Strong ability to multi-task and deal with rush periods
· High standard of customer service with excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
· Minimum data entry proficiency of 5000 nkph at 95% accuracy
· Valid Class 5 license (or at least "N") for follow-vehicle duties.
· Able to stand on feet for prolonged periods
· CSIS Clearance: must have 10 years’ Canadian residence
· Credit must be in good standing
· Must be comfortable with driving
· Punctuality and full commitment to the duration of the assignment is essential.
Better Choice Staffing is pre-screening candidates for this position. Selected candidates are required to complete a short computer assessment, pre-screen Skype/phone interview, and have two reference checks completed. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates that meet the qualifying criteria will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $23.86 /hour