Dixon Automotive Group Canada Ltd. is looking for a new Mechanic/Technicians Apprentice to join our team!
We are looking for someone who works well with others, is willing to learn, and is invested in our business. The successful applicant will be registered as an automotive service technician apprentice and complete manufacturing training. Within this position the employee will be responsible for maintaining, cleaning, repairing, and overhauling cars and trucks.
Maintenance and repair of vehicles may include:
- Internal combustion engines and components, both stationary and mobile
- Executing preventive maintenance in conjunction with company standards
- Interpret work orders and technical manuals
- Keep equipment cleaned, lubricated and maintained
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure that the work done meets manufacturers' specifications and legislated regulations
- Write service reports and complete electronic work order records and inspections
To be successful in the trade, the Apprentice Mechanic must have:
- Must have own tools (Basic Set)
- Good understanding of the concepts of health and safety as a workplace practice and as an overall wellness and lifestyle decision
- Fluid and concise writing, reading and speaking communication skills in English.
- Good vision, hearing and sense of smell to diagnose problems
- The strength and stamina required to work with various equipment and work in cramped or awkward positions
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Mechanical ability and an interest in all types of machinery and engines, electronics and precision equipment
- The ability to think logically and keep up with changes in technology
- Ability to execute work within standard repair times
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance practices and inspection criteria
- Knowledge of inventory control
- High school or equivalent
Class G driver license
How to APPLY: Interested applicants please reply with resume outlining your experience
Dixon Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all applicants including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginals. We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- auto mechanic: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Preferred)
- Red Seal (Preferred)
- Journeyman Automotive Mechanic (Preferred)