The RM of East St Paul is recruiting Recreation Technicians to work throughout the summer, and/or during school breaks. Hours of work will vary and include; weekday shifts between the hours of 7:30 am and 5:30 pm, and may include evenings and a shift on alternating Sundays (during summer months)
Job Type: Summer Term - Full-time (8 hours/day, 5 days/week) with the possibility of additional casual work
Salary: $14.79 - $18.48 (as defined within the CUPE Collective Agreement)
Opening Date: February 12, 2020
Closing Date: This position will remain open until suitable candidates are located. However, screening may begin as early as March 03, 2020.
Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer, the Seasonal Recreation Technician will; help to plan and develop the children’s day-program, assist in the delivery of the program and associated activities, support the weekly East St. Paul Farmers Market and provide general support to the RM.
· Minimum 18 years of age.
· Demonstrated recreational programming experience and/or teaching children in a camp, group or school setting.
· Experience working with children (preferably ages 5 – 12).
· Emergency First Aid & Level C CPR certificate considered an asset.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registration Check.
· Valid Province of Manitoba Class Five (5) Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
· Ability to coordinate, organize, and problem solve.
· Strong people skills; friendly, cooperative, energetic, responsible.
· Effective customer service and team work skills.
· Ability to communicate respectfully; with tact and diplomacy.
· Physically capable of participating in activities such as; hiking, running, swimming and physical games.
· The ability to work indoors and outdoors in a variety of temperatures and weather conditions.
· Ability to attend work regularly, punctually and work a variety of hours, including Sundays.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.79 /hour