Youth Care Worker/ Caregiver
Looking for qualified workers to join our team. We are seeking people who will work part time hours with the ability to obtain full-time hours. The successful candidate Must be able to work with males and females that have lots of energy. The hours will be 8 or 12 hour shifts. The successful candidate must have patience and be able to work with youth that have mental health and behavioral issues.
The shifts would also include covering holidays and weekends.
Qualifications and Conditions:
1. Relevant College Diploma or University Degree
2. Minimum 2 years experience in child & youth care, or a combination of relevant education & experience working with street-involved youth.
3. Have current First Aid, Food Safe and a Class 5 Drivers License.
4. Must demonstrate a good working knowledge of community resources in the Lower Mainland.
5. Will have the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
6. Will have the ability to identify with mandate, policies and procedures of the organization.
7. Must have strong written and oral communications skills, including the ability to compile accurate records and prepare reports.
8. Must complete a criminal record check.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise residents in their day-to-day living, including establishing a trusting, non-judgmental, non-exploitative rapport with youth. Positively participate in programming and activities in order to provide a positive role model experience for youth residing in the resource.
2. Plans, supervises, and participates in recreational, housekeeping, and social activities in an effort to establish trusting relationships, offer alternative activities, and provide guidance in social interaction.
3. Maintains ongoing liaison with MCFD, social workers, other helping agencies, resident's families, and/or caregivers to exchange information regarding significant changes in resident's behavior or placement
Job Type: Full-time