Procon Constructors Inc., founded in 1995, has become a leading organization in the multi-trade contracting industry, providing professional Electrical, Mechanical, SCADA, Instrumentation installation and maintenance service to the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional (ICI) sectors. With our Head Office based in Welland, Ontario, our new 25,000 sq. ft. facility houses our Corporate Offices, Pipe Fabrication facility and Panel Shop.
At Procon, we pride ourselves in employing outstanding individuals who provide professional, efficient, innovative, and exemplary service to our customers. While our skilled teams remain focused on strategic planning and the precise execution of each project, our 23 years of expertise, experience, project execution and delivery in the areas of estimating, project management and design build solutions has earned us the excellent reputation we enjoy in providing quality construction services and professional-grade results.
We are currently seeking a junior SCADA & Instrumentation Project Coordinator / Technologist to join our SCADA Division
As a SCADA & Instrumentation Technologist, you will be part of a project team, working to deliver an Instrument & Control System for the Water / Wastewater market. You will be responsible for the design of control circuitry and panel construction. You will assemble the PLC and HMI programming to facilitate testing of the completed control panels and assist at site for commissioning. Additionally, you will be required to assist in the coordination and execution of ongoing SCADA projects.
· Produce electrical and construction drawings using AutoCAD.
· Design and troubleshoot control circuitry.
· PLC and HMI programming.
· Instrumentation calibration and commission.
· Control Panel construction, wiring, and testing.
· Prepare documentation manuals for projects.
· Project Coordination, under the supervision of the Project Manager
· Utilize Microsoft Office software to update Projects Statuses.
· Successful completion of a Technology program in either Electrical or Electronic Engineering
· Technology, however a diploma in a similar Technician program will be considered.
· Proficiency with software programs such as AutoCAD and Microsoft Office program suites; Word,
· Excel, Project, and Outlook.
· Ability to troubleshoot, repair, program, configure, test and perform maintenance on a variety of
· systems, components and equipment while meeting tight deadlines.
· Excellent planning, organizing, time management and scheduling.
· The position requires the successful candidate to have a valid driver's license; access to a vehicle is considered an asset.
· Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to plan, organize and delegate tasks.
· Self-starter and team player.
· Outstanding time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume
Please place job title “SCADA & Instrumentation Project Coordinator / Technologist” in the subject line.
Procon Constructors Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only candidates selected for a screening interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent