seeks a Senior Project Manager :with demonstrated leadership and strong technical capabilities to oversee the design management of our multidisciplinary team in Surrey, BC. This position is ideal for a Civil Engineer looking to advance their career into design and project management. The successful candidate will provide leadership and oversight to a team of up to ten staff including engineers, project engineers, senior designers, and transportation CADD Operators on project execution activities throughout Western Canada.
- Responsible for the Design/Project Management, design and approval of civil engineering works including;
- Participation in Major Design Build and P3 Infrastructure Projects
- Roadway and Transportation Design
- Geometrics and Laning Design
- Utility Design, including Watermains, Sewers and Force Mains
- Storm Sewer Design
- Construction staging and detour design
- Provide technical direction, engineering design, and management of projects from proposal stage, through conceptual design, detailed design, construction and completion stages
- Utilize Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D for the creation and review of engineering designs
- Work with team members to ensure schedules, budgets and quality control standards are achieved
- Mentor, train, and support professional and junior staff
- Provide planning, sales and marketing assistance as required.
- Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution and must have a minimum of 15 years progressive experience in the Design Build / P3 industry
- Experience managing projects with a minimum capital value of $200 million
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. (or eligibility for registration). Strong understanding of TAC and BC MOT design standards
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a large team environment are essential.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.:
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers: to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about employee experience at McElhanney, visit us on Glassdoor
McElhanney’s Surrey Engineering group is a multi-disciplinary professional office currently involved in many high profile infrastructure projects. We enjoy a high level of job satisfaction due to solid team effort and a positive corporate culture. Located on the 23rd floor of Central City Tower, our modern office space is near the SkyTrain and readily accessible via public transit.
McElhanney’s Surrey Survey group is a multi-disciplinary professional office currently involved in many high profile projects. We enjoy a high level of job satisfaction due to solid team effort and a positive corporate culture. Located on the 23rd floor of Central City Tower, our modern office space is near SkyTrain and readily accessible via public transit.
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
McElhanney is aware of activities where individuals have received fraudulent job offers. Please be advised that McElhanney will not ask applicants for any form of monetary exchange at any point in the recruitment process. To learn more visit: www.mcelhanney.com/careers/fraud-warning
The disclosure of your information in accordance with this Policy and applicable law, including to third party service providers may result in your personal information being transferred outside of Canada, including to the United States. Such transferred personal information may be subject to the laws of these other countries and the laws of other countries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information may be different from the laws of Canada.