We are seeking Software Developers to be part of our global team of 100+ developers. We have a flat structure – meaning that from day one you will be making decisions and making a difference in a driven, innovative, and inclusive environment. Our competitive compensation package ensures that our people are rewarded based on performance and merit. This is an excellent opportunity for you to contribute to cutting edge software development in the fast-evolving finance industry.
- Culture. We are committed to our Core Values. We encourage intellectual curiosity and individualism as well as collaboration across different areas of the business. We seek to hear our people’s voices – whether quiet or loud. Sharing ideas and challenging the status quo are commonplace.
- Autonomy. While guidance and support are provided, team members own their work and projects.
- Growth opportunities. We support our people in continuous learning and development.
- Agile environment. We are committed to providing our people with a work environment that balances their personal needs, commitments, and interests with the needs of their team and the needs of our clients.
- Philanthropy. Our people can contribute to society in a unique and personal way, through various philanthropy opportunities and programmes.
What will your responsibilities be?
- Full-Stack and Full-Lifecycle software development. You will work closely with business teams to innovate and build systems that deliver value to Orbis and our clients. Developers take ownership of their projects from end-to-end.
- Solve complex technical and/or business problems. You will be part of a global team, collaborating on design discussions, code reviews and technical presentations.
- Bring new ideas to the table. You are encouraged to explore and research new technologies and best practices that interest you. In fact, employees are given personal development days as a means to foster this growth.
What skills will you master in this role?
- Microsoft stack: C#, .Net Core, MS SQL
- Cloud Technologies: AWS
- Building Restful APIs
- Web development
- Systems Architecture and Design
- Financial Industry concepts
Your qualifications & experience
We do not specifically require a Computer Science/Engineering qualification or any previous exposure to the specific technologies we use - a number of our successful developers had none before they started. Skills and experience we would like to see:
- Bachelor’s degree with a record of strong academic achievement.
- Object-oriented programming experience. E.g. Java, Python, C#
- Strong interpersonal skills as developers work closely with business teams to design and build solutions.
Instructions for application
To complete your application, please submit your resume and transcripts(all post-secondary to this point; unofficial are accepted).
We are a global firm with offices across eight countries, over 400 employees and more than $30 billion in assets under management. But those numbers don't define Orbis. It's our values, how we do things day-by-day, and how we add value for our clients that define us.
Our investment philosophy is fundamental, long-term and contrarian. As contrarian investors, we aim to take a different perspective, and this filters into everything we do. To invest differently, you need to think differently. This is encouraged by having teams of people with different backgrounds, experiences and ways of thinking.
Job Type: Full-time