We are currently looking for a Load Plannerfor our Brampton Terminal.
(Note: The hours for this position are 11:00PM to 8:00AM)
This role works to streamline all aspects of the freight transportation process. In this job, you will focus on reducing shipping time, expediting routes and maximizing loads for all pick ups and deliveries. This role will work closely with both the dispatch team and garage mechanics to plan and carry out shipping operations.
- Build Trips
- Assist in achieving the objectives of the P&D operations (% on-time delivery).
- Manage on time performance of deliveries.
- Bring to the attention of the Dispatch Supervisor and/or Operations Manager any driver problems impacting the operation (P&D or Dock).
- be familiar with all P&D routes and any problem areas, resolving issues as necessary.
- Perform the route leveling task to achieve maximum efficiency.
- To ensure all appointment freight is brought to the attention of the Dispatch Supervisor and is loaded in a way to ensure on time delivery.
- Ensure equipment is held as needed for maintenance
- Plan the P&D activities and staffing required to meet the objectives (and to advise the Dispatch Supervisor of the requirements).
- Ensure drivers are aware of all/any unusual delivery/pickup requirements and update TMS System (Truck Mate).
- Ensure drivers are made aware of all appointment deliveries, cash collects and C.O.D.’s.
- Prioritize and assign pickups to drivers to ensure maximum efficiency.
- To be familiar with all P&D routes and any problem areas.
- Ensure all appointment freight is brought to the attention of the Dispatch Supervisor and is loaded in a way to ensure on time delivery.
- Monitor and track all equipment as assigned or moved.
- To perform driver checkout as required
- To assist drivers resolve any conflicts in a professional manner.
- To ensure all updates in Truck Mate System are done in real time for statuses of all trucks and trailers.
- follow up with line haul as needed
- 2-5 years previous dispatching experience in the Courier/TL/LTL environment required
- Strong knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area including Peel and Halton regions
- Must have familiarity with transport documents
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a diverse environment
- Proficient with computer programs – TMS - TruckMate Dispatch System preferred, Word and Excel required.
- Must be able to exercise initiative, multi-task and work well as part of a team in a high stress environment; punctual and dependable
- Familiarity with all P&D routes and any problem areas.
- To be able to work on the night shift, Sunday – Thursday 11:00PM – 8:00AM
Remco is committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by provincial laws. If you are selected to participate in recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please advise our Human Resources department of any accommodation(s) needed to ensure your equal participation. Any information collected relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Type: Full-time