Marwood Ltd. is a dynamic producer of value added forest products for residential, commercial and industrial construction industries. With operations in Fredericton, Halifax, Boston and more, we serve markets throughout North America and Europe. With each operation having unique characteristics, it makes for an interesting and diverse work experience.
Marwood Ltd is currently looking to fill an Applications Analyst position. This position will based out of Bedford, NS OR Tracyville, NB.
In this role you will get to work within each division of Marwood Ltd supporting and developing its continued growth. You will get to work on diverse and challenging projects that span the breadth of Marwood’s operations as well as develop and implement creative solutions that enables Marwood to perform at an optimal level. You will also be responsible for helping maintain the current technological solutions deployed across Marwood.
- Support all software, web and database applications used by Marwood including Syspro, Accurate BarCoding (ABC), ShopClock and other Enterprise level applications; assist with the installation and upgrades for these systems and provide ongoing support in their effective use.
- Troubleshoot software and web-based applications which utilize various Authority databases; identify and resolve problems with application software and databases.
- Participate in vendor communications, installations, testing, documentation, and the diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide set up and configuration of applications; execute the modification and/or configuration of software applications to resolve issues.
- Analyze system capacity and modify procedures to solve interface problems.
- Design, write, test, debug, and maintain software applications to meet technical and functional requirements.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with departments and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interfaced.
- Provide training and assistance for users, programmers and other staff.
- Prepare and maintain reports using application reporting tools.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Computer Science OR a Diploma of Information Technology (Programming) and 1 – 3 years of work experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
The following training and experience would be considered an asset:
- Microsoft Certified Applications Developer or Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or other equivalent IT Certification.
- Experience in Application Administration (able to administer and support on a WAN); Net experience (Web developing); Programming experience; working knowledge of accounting/financial applications, preferably in an ERP environment; SQL Server and data management experience.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have strong communication skills, be team-oriented, well-organized, have a strong attention to detail and have an analytical way of thinking.
If you are interested in joining the Marwood Team, please submit your resume by Friday, April 26, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time