ON-SITE FIELD SAFETY OFFICER - NCSO Certified
Location: Ft. Saskatchewan, AB
Schedule: 5 / 10's
The NCSO performs health and safety related tasks and activities for onsite groups with a focus on project work. The successful candidate will also act as a liaison between clients and work crews. Overall over-all responsibility for HSSE field support and management plan coordination within the ICT project area is to provide HSSE support to the ICT Construction Manager and Field Superintendent.
Responsibilities (Include, but not limited to):
- Work directly with operators, supervisors and clients to maintain established controls, procedures and accountability to manage safety and environmental performance and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate area-specific HSSE Management Plan, making adjustments as necessary in response to area specific requirements.
- Identify actions required to implement HSSE training, environment, security, emergency response and occupational health services plans within construction area.
- Advise the management team on HSSE issues.
- Administer area HSSE recordkeeping system.
- Participate in JHAs and attend crew STARRT meetings, etc.
- Initiate corrective action through line supervisor or Project HSSE Management Plan refinement.
- Interface with area construction management, line supervision and subcontractors on HSSE issues.
- Establish a system to ensure actions identified during planned inspections, incident investigations and HSSE communications are tracked to completion.
- Participate in subcontractor compliance monitoring process.
- Maintain positive relationships with area management, subcontractors and employees.
- Serve as a resource person with respect to HSSE legislation interpretation.
- Conduct area compliance inspections, provide feedback to area supervision.
- Interface with other project HSSE personnel regarding HSSE issues.
- Monitor daily work practices utilized by ICT and subcontractors.
- Stop work in imminent danger situation or conditions having adverse environmental impact.
- Assist in incident investigations, regulatory compliance audits, project health surveys, and insurance audits.
- Two year diploma or at a minimum NCSO certification.
- MUST have VALID tickets for Fall Protection, Confined Space and CSTS and own transportation to and from job site.
- MUST pass required drug & alcohol testing.
- Experience and background in Industrial Construction and Carpentry.
- Experienced in Worksite Investigation.
- Possess strong communication ethics as Safety Leader.
- Be knowledgeable on the planning, implementation and control of applicable HSSE procedures, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the type of WORK being done at the WORKSITE and the associated hazards involved.
- Have worked in a similar role on previous similar projects and have experience with and competency in the preparation and implementation of a HSSE MS.
- Be responsible for only HSSE matters (i.e. shall not be responsible for quality assurance and control, or other execution related activities).
- Have the authority and the responsibility to ensure that the HSSE requirements are achieved at the ICT project site.
- Supervise WORKSITE Leads including regularly inspecting the project site.
- Knowledge of safety management, monitoring programs, principles, and methodologies.
- Coach and provide HSSE guidance to ICT and Sub Contractor Personnel.
- Champion the WORKSITE Safety / behavior culture.
- Demonstrate leadership commitment to HSSE.
- Perform walkthroughs of the WORKSITE where the physical WORK is being performed.
Work includes field inspections and the physical ability to conduct field inspections which require the following activities: Extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, working on elevated platforms, working on uneven surfaces and working in small or confined spaces. Some lifting may be required. Must have the ability to walk into and out of the project.
Job Type: Full-time