We currently have an excellent opportunity in our Mississauga office for a Logistics Coordinator. As a Logistics Coordinator you will source carriers for customer shipments, negotiate freight rates, book and trace shipments and inform customers of delivery issues. Key responsibilities include managing customer and carrier relationships and load planning and coordination. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience working in a Logistics Coordinator / Freight Brokerage Dispatcher role and has a strong understanding of asset-based trucking. Experience within a 3PL or Freight Brokerage is a must.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Receive, analyze and process booking information from the Customer in order to identify and confirm the appropriate routes, verify the service requirements, and enter the information into the TMS.
- Dispatch shipments by coordinating with Critical Path Asset Dispatchers, contacting carriers, negotiating needed equipment and price and clearly defining expectations in order to best service the customer.
- Negotiate with carriers to procure the best rate available to meet customer requirements and manage and negotiate accessorial charges as incurred while maximizing profit margin.
- Maintain contact with the customer throughout the duration of the order, communicating both positive and negative occurrences.
- Track shipments from pick-up to delivery status to ensure all load requirements are met; ensure shipments are dispatched promptly and timely updates are maintained in the TMS including the relevant shipment notes and load details.
- Proactively address issues and concerns and follow up on service issues
- Source, develop and manage qualified new carriers.
The Required Qualifications for this Position Include:
- Effective negotiation skills - able to maximize financial returns through negotiating best possible price from the carrier.
- Understanding of market variables – able to assess costs and quote customers accordingly.
- Strong problem solving skills – possess the ability to quickly offer creative solutions to both customers and carriers.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills - able to clearly and effectively communicate with team members, carriers and customers.
- Superior customer service and excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to translate industry knowledge into cost-effective shipping arrangements to meet customer requirements.
- Strong knowledge of North American geography is a MUST
- Knowledge of regulatory issues, regulations and truck shipping laws.
- Minimum 3 years industry related work experience (brokerage/3PL transportation industry experience)
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written English
Preferred Qualifications Include:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
Critical Path is a privately owned provider of asset based transportation, logistics, courier and warehousing services. We offer Truckload, Less-Than-Truckload, Courier, Specialty and White Glove Services throughout North America as well as providing International Service through our Freight Forwarding Division.
We offer a great culture and work environment, opportunity for growth and advancement and a very competitive Compensation Package.
Job Type: Full-time