Who we are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About the team and this role
Reporting to the Director of Global Tax, you will be the company’s head of global indirect tax, responsible for all indirect tax matters on a domestic and international scale. You will lead and manage our indirect tax team on all compliance functions, system implementations, strategic operational initiatives, and global new market entry expansion initiatives.
A day in the life
- Manage the company’s global indirect tax function, including US multi-state sales and use tax, consumption tax, Canadian GST/HST/PST/QST, and VAT across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Manage the indirect tax team on all compliance functions, system implementations and operational initiatives.
- Provide direction on all new market entry activities and global expansion initiatives.
- Advise the business on the indirect tax impact of new strategic initiatives.
- Interpret and analyze tax laws to optimize the operational impact, provide tax planning and tax compliance guidance on tax law changes.
- Work in partnership with IT to maintain the tax database, develop programming requirements and ensure tax tables are accurate.
- Lead indirect tax recovery projects for the US and Canada.
- Manage internal and external tax audits, including all aspects of SOX compliance.
- Perform due diligence, risk assessment, and integration activities for third party collaborations and contract review.
- Provide support and coordination for out-source compliance providers, jurisdictional audits, protests, and risk/reserve analysis for financial statement purposes.
- Oversee the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and journal entries related to indirect taxes.
- Stay current with all US, Canadian, and international indirect tax law changes, developments, and trends.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) or a Master’s Degree in Taxation.
- 10+ years of indirect tax experience in both industry and tax advisory positions, leading an indirect tax function, and implementing and using automated indirect tax systems and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of US multi-state sales and use tax, Canadian GST/HST/PST/QST, and VAT across multiple international jurisdictions.
- Significant experience in the retail and online sales environments.
- Familiarity with global e-commerce taxation trends.
- Significant experience in a fast paced, growing environment, with continuous international market expansion.
- Experience leading all aspects of indirect tax audits.
- Strong interpersonal skills in managing and developing a tax team.
- Proven experience leading a truly global indirect tax team.
- Extraordinary oral and written communication skills with ability to interact professionally cross-functionally with various departments and locations on a global basis.
- Dedicated to the deployment of process improvements to mitigate risk and add value.
- Proven experience with tax technology software (Vertex), implementation and maintenance, and ERP systems.
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to engage in, prioritize, and perform multiple ongoing tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty, kindness, and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. lululemon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that lululemon equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.
Store Support Center