Are you an experienced Front End Engineer looking for new challenges? Do you get excited about designing user experiences with consideration for performance and accessibility standards? Does the idea of joining a rapidly growing tech company excite you? If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you'll work closely with our product managers, designers, and other engineers to improve our existing product and explore alternatives for new features. You must be an expert at soliciting, receiving and synthesizing feedback. We have a highly engaged company that cares deeply about our customers—they will have a valid voice of reason in what you do.
In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Deliver high-quality, consistent code based on user stories and prototypes
- Spec and plan out new features with our Product Managers, Designers, and Lead Software Engineers
- Triage and fix bugs in our existing codebase
- Code review the code of your fellow engineers
- Work in migrations of existing code to React
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues and provide mentorship for others
You might be the person we're looking for if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience in a front-end role, with 1-2 of those years at a senior level
- Demonstrate a strong technical and practical understanding of web technologies in general
- Be proficient with CSS processors such as PostCSS, Sass, or Less and build tools such as Webpack
- Showcase the ability to implement pixel-perfect designs while maintaining stylistic consistency
- Have experience writing tests using testing frameworks
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills—you're equally as comfortable speaking to marketing about your work as you are writing post-mortems after the completion of a project or feature launch
Bonus points if you:
- Believe that better solutions are achieved via collaboration rather than independently
- Are driven to continually improve by investing time in learning about new technologies or working on your own projects
- Feel more than simply "organized, with attention to detail". You'll have a lot of responsibility and also autonomy—no one will be looking over your shoulder to be sure you've got it right! A keen eye for detail is key in everything you do—quality over quantity is the name of the game.
- Have exposure to or are comfortable using Ember.js, Angular and/or Vue.js
- Previously worked building component libraries/design systems
- Have worked with GraphQL, Ruby on Rails and/or Go
- Care about accessibility and believe it's a first-class concern
- Have worked with PWA
- Worked on open-source projects or spoken at conferences in the past
We're about the results of online learning and the people along the way! Thinkific is a software platform that enables entrepreneurs to create, market, sell, and deliver their own online courses. Our mission is no less than to revolutionize the way people learn and earn online by giving them the tools they need to turn their expertise into a sustainable business that impacts both them and their audience. We believe in meaningful, innovative work: we're building and expanding an incredible product that empowers course creators around the globe, while working collaboratively to learn and succeed together. Our customer support is the best in the industry and one of the main reasons educators love using Thinkific!
Why we think you'll like working with us:
- Be part of a collaborative, driven team focused on building best-in-class software for one of the fastest-growing companies in Vancouver
- We offer competitive salaries, health/dental/vision benefits, and our Employee and Family Assistance Program helps to support your well-being
- We have an open vacation policy and flexible work environment… because sometimes you do your best work in slippers ;)
- Our office is stocked with snacks, coffee, and the occasional Friday beer and cider to keep you fuelled
- We're dog-friendly and have many furry friends sitting nearby, ready to be cuddled
- We get together often for fun company events (we've flown to California, hosted family BBQs, conquered The Chief, gone rock climbing and put our heads together to tackle creative challenges at our Hackathons)
- We have an amazing existing team of talented developers, marketers, designers, customer champions, and other tech industry pros that want to work with you
- Everyone has an equal opportunity to impact our product and company—we strongly value all of our people (the ones we work alongside and the ones we serve)
- We are passionate about education—we provide learning opportunities and encourage each other to continuously learn and grow through workshops, training, blogs, meetups, books and mentorships
- We provide a technology bonus for when you need to upgrade or replace your existing system
- We care about helping you grow your career AND your family. Family is important to us, and our paid parental leave provides you with a little extra help while you're beginning this new adventure.
- We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what makes a company flourish. Thinkific welcomes all applicants regardless of race, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. We're proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we embrace diversity. We welcome you!
This is an incredible role for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!