FINANCE & PAYROLL COORDINATOR
SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Finance and Payroll Specialist will be integral in ensuring that the accounting and payroll of our client run smoothly and efficiently so that the objectives and strategic priorities of the organization are met. Reporting to the Executive Director but working closely with the organization’s Administrative staff and Finance Committee of the Board, the Finance and Payroll Specialist is a key member of the team with responsibilities for budgeting, accounting and payroll.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will have:
· Post-secondary education in accounting and/or finance and/or bookkeeping
· At least 3 years work experience with demonstrated acumen in developing, managing and monitoring detailed operational budgets – preferably in the non-profit sector · Knowledge and experience with financial planning, accounting and HR/payroll preferably using Sage and Ceridian
· Knowledge of current HR related regulations and legislations in Quebec (Normes du travail)
· Ability to coordinate and monitor multiple deliverables, meet deadlines and prioritize competing tasks · Strong problem solving and analytical skills - approaches challenges with creativity and reliability
· Excellent communication skills in English and French
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to work within a team
· Demonstrates sensitivity to confidentiality, security and privacy issues
· Comfortable with various accounting and administrative tools and online technologies and willingness to learn new tools
· Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
· Knowledge of Pay Equity administration is an asset
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, you will be responsible for providing the full range of financial management, bookkeeping and payroll/HR related support to our Centre. The role is vital in ensuring sound financial and administrative practices and procedures are implemented in an efficient manner.
Main responsibilities for the position include:
· Full cycle accounting including maintaining accurate books and records and accounting for all financial items, including, but not limited to, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
· Monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, month-end and year-end close and audit processes in collaboration with the Finance Committee and Executive Director e.g.: up to date trial balance, P&L statement, cash balances, accruals and amortization spreadsheets
· Preparing and monitoring of the organization’s budget on an annual basis
· Processing of payroll and staff benefits including tracking employee hours, vacations, statutory holidays, personal days, sick days and maternity leaves.
· Managing government related forms and filings with respect to payroll including: ROEs, CSST, maternity leaves, annual T4’s GST and QST remittances, Charity Returns etc.
· Assisting in the accounting side of fundraising (training provided on donorperfect)
· Develops financial proposals and reports for fundraising initiatives
· Schedule and Hours: 3 days a week, no Fridays
· Benefits: Employee eligible for full benefits package including pension plan and group insurance.
· All applicants must be eligible to work legally in Canada
· Compensation: Commensurate with experience, including competitive benefits package
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year