We provide subsidised staff accommodation
The Mountaineer Lodge is a family owned property with 80 rooms that provides a friendly, professional workplace for all employees. We offer guests warm hospitality, standard rooms and suites, complimentary breakfast and laundry facilities .
As a Front Desk Agent, you will be responsible for providing a welcoming and friendly guest experience to everyone staying with us.
For more information about our property, location and staff accommodation, please visit us at www.mountaineerlodge.jobs
What will I be doing?
- · Provide friendly, customer-oriented service.
- · Register arriving guests and process check outs
- · Provide information on hotel facilities and local points of interest
- · Provide guest services (concierge), baggage handling as required.
- · Process check-outs.
- · Process telephone calls and reservations from all sources.
- · Resolve minor guest complaints and/or refer to Hotel Manager or Front Desk Supervisor as required
- · Balance cash and complete financial summary and submission each shift.
- · May be required to cover night shifts and assist in other departments when it is quiet
- · Ensure that all Occupational Health & Safety policies and training are followed.
What attitudes, behaviours and skills are we looking for?
- Experience serving guests in the hospitality industry is an asset
- Strong verbal English communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on problem-solving.
- Prior cash and credit card transactions and clerical experience is an asset.
- Basic computer skills are necessary, as the Front Desk operates on WebRezPro Reservation System.
- Must be self-motivated within the office environment and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Professional personal grooming
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset (German, Dutch, French, Korean, Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese).
- Must have a valid work permit for Canada to be considered.
Perks and Benefits
- · Subsidized shared staff accommodation with free wifi
- · Performance bonus in summer months
- · Laundry facilities in all housing units
- · Team lunches and activities
- · Opportunities to meet new people while exploring and enjoying some of Canada’s spectacular mountain national parks
- · Friends and family discount at Mount Robson Inn (Jasper) and Mountaineer Lodge (Lake Louise) based on availability
- Benefits after six months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
- Company events
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
We follow all provincial guidelines to keep staff and guests safe. This includes but is not limited to, plexiglass shield for front desk, wearing of masks and gloves when appropriate, safe distancing.
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- front desk agent: 1 year (preferred)