GFL Environmental is looking for a Plant Labourer to support our Liquids line of business out of our Barrie, ON site. The Plant Labourer will be primarily responsible for day-to-day operations with respect to waste receiving, handling, processing and disposal. The Labourer will load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers.
- Receive all client waste – both bulk liquids/solids and containerized
- Take samples from waste vehicles and containers for lab analysis
- Load and unload waste vehicles including vacuum trucks, tankers, straight trucks and van trailers
- Operate plant machinery and assist with general maintenance
- Assisting in waste treatment and waste water treatment methods and processes
- Assist with preparing shipments of hazardous and non-hazardous waste for transport
- Gain a full understanding and working knowledge of the company’s standard operating procedures (SOPs), and ensure they are followed
- Notify the Shift Supervisor/General Manager of any defects, damages, mistakes, errors, contamination, spills, other incidents or accidents that are identified
- Document and report completion status of work assigned by the Shift Supervisor/Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Previous hazardous and non-hazardous waste management experience is an asset
- Previous experience operating air diaphragm pumps and bulk liquid transfer systems is an asset
- Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs
- Valid G License with a good driver abstract.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon successful completion of required drug and alcohol testing.
- Propane forklift experience/certification is an asset
- Must be motivated, able to multi-task, and work effectively in a team environment
- Must be comfortable working in a mostly outdoor environment
- Emergency response availability including evenings and weekends.
Who we are:
GFL Environmental is the only major diversified environmental services company in North America; operating across Canada and the United States; offering services in solid waste management, liquid waste management, and infrastructure development.
Recognized by our signature fleet of bright green trucks and equipment, we offer a wide range of environmental and industrial services to businesses, communities, and households, providing a consolidated and sophisticated approach to meeting our customers’ needs.
- Medical and Dental Coverage Our industry leading benefits package
- RRSP Matching: We support your future goals by matching your RRSP contributions
- An environment to encourage professional growth and development
- Be a part of the Full-Cycle Project initiative – a way to give back to the community
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care