Gate Gourmet, a Gate Group company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
Position is responsible for directing all communications and operation for all accounts as they directly pertain to meeting customer requirements and needs. This position reports to the Senior Manager Operations/Customer Service, is the primary liaison between the airline customers and the Gate Gourmet operational unit.
What we’re looking for:
We’re seeking a dynamic professional who has a passion for customer service. A charismatic problem solver who can be a key point of contact for our customers and one who asks as a liaison to supersede customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all aspects of account management, including communication with the airline head office, local office where the operational unit is located, and primary account management within Gate Gourmet.
- Ensures compliance with all customer and airline service requirements by maintaining performance on customers as specified in the contract.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, professional working relationship with both customer and unit management and staff, establishing a clear line of communication at all levels.
- Monitors communications between back office functions (billing department) and the customer and is authorized to make recommendations to remedy any disputes that may arise.
- Maintains prompt and effective communications with customers and operations staff to resolve issues and is responsible for developing and maintaining data as it relates to the account.
- Serves as the primary contact for all day to day operational communications with the customer as assigned with the ability to develop business relationships which allow for root cause issue resolution.
- Is externally/internally visible to customer by participating in flight deliveries and interfacing with cabin crew and operations unit.
- Must work with the assigned Chef to ensure proper menu specifications and directions are followed.
- Ensures all inventories for equipment and liquor meet customer requirements.
- Responds to airline comments or complaints in a timely manner with a 48 hour period from the time the comment/complaint was received.
- Responsible for arranging customer visits including meal presentations at the Operations unit.
- Participates in conference calls, meetings, workshops pertaining to the customer, marketing, Sales, operations which pertain to airline issues and content.
- Gaining buy-in from multi-level team members
- Handling complaints from team and customers and tracking performance base and carry out
- Setting reasonable customer satisfaction goals and work with the team to meet them on a consistent basis
- Interacting with customers on a daily basis responding to their questions and coming to an amicable resolution
- Meeting with other managers to discuss possible improvements and or functions of department
- Involvement in staff recruitment and appraisals
- Supports safety program for all employees and ensures compliance.
- Ensures labor controls are in place and effective
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures, facilitates and monitors compliance audits, develops plans and actions to ensure company polices and procedures are utilized properly
- Ensures compliance with company-developed safety best-practices through departmental audits and inspections
- Supports the Total Quality Management effort, initiates problem solving efforts and assures implementation of solutions
- Supports management on security and risk for the unit
- Mentors and trains subordinates on company directives and policies
- Works to build team-cohesion throughout the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, business operations or related field preferred and or four years comparable work experience in operations manager role.
- Minimum five years prior safety experience preferably in a multi-site organization.
- Must have strong computer skills using Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Must have strong and effective leadership skills and the ability to successfully manage a large staff
- Current or previous labor relations experience
- Strong organizational, analytical and leadership skills required
- Must be innovative in making changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance
- Previous experience in a high volume food manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable of HACCP
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, and EPA laws desirable
- Previous exposure/experience in LEAN manufacturing/supply chain a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel 10 % of time
- Regularly, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 10+ hours
- In a normal production kitchen facility there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move product, equipment, supplies, etc., in excess of twenty-five (25) pounds
- A rotating schedule of 55+ hours per week is typical.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Direct Line Manager (Title): Sr. Mg. Ops./CS
- Dotted Line Manager (Title, if applicable):
- Number of Direct Reports: Varies by unit, up to 100+
- Number of Dotted Line Reports: 0
- Estimated Total Size of Team: Varies by unit, up to 100+
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through a criminal background check.
gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other ground under applicable law.
Gate Gourmet Canada Inc. is pleased to accommodate applicants who have a disability up to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please inform our Recruitment Team if you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process.