Contract Legal Assistant opportunity for approximately 8 months with possibility of extension.
Performs a broad range of administrative and secretarial support for one or more attorneys. Organizes and maintains all electronic and paper files relating to litigation and administrative matters. Applies knowledge of legal document formats to transcribe and/or type contracts, briefs, summonses, complaints, and motions.
Influencer Internally Focused - The job’s core deliverables rely on influencing or negotiating with a range of internal clients, usually at the line manager or employee level. Relationships typically involve promoting cooperation, collaboration or acceptance.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 3 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 1 or more years of experience in the Legal Secretary area within the Insurance industry
- Experience drafting legal documents and correspondence
- Experience providing administrative support to one or more attorneys
- Associate Degree or Bachelors Degree
- Ability to effectively draft complex legal documents, correspondence, and/or pleadings
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with litigation management software systems
- Organization and prioritization skills
Additional Job Functions:
- Provides administrative support to one or more attorneys such as answering the phone, greeting visitors, scheduling and maintaining calendars, coordinating travel, submitting expense reports, etc.
- Responds to inquiries from and interacts with customers, clients, counsel, and witnesses.
- Drafts legal pleadings, correspondence, and other documents as directed.
- Maintains accurate office database for assigned attorneys' cases.
- Organizes and maintains case files and documentation.
- Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results and participating on projects as needed.
- Business Travel, as required
- Mandatory Overtime, as required
- Regular Predictable Attendance
- May have customer, counsel, and/or witness contact requiring discretion and judgment.
Imagine working for a company that truly cares about their employees, customers, stakeholders, and communities they serve. Imagine working for a values-driven organization that has the ambition and desire to be the best global insurance provider in the world. Zurich is that place where 53,000 employees across approximately 200 countries and territories are all focused on helping people and helping companies protect what is truly most important to them. We are a values-driven organization that takes pride in the work that we do every day and we have the ambition to be the best global insurer in the world.
Zurich is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and barrier-free environment resulting in an accessible organization for employees, customers, and other parties who interact with, or on behalf of, Zurich. We strive to achieve a workplace free of discrimination of all forms, including discrimination on the basis of physical or mental disability, or medical condition. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please advise if you require an accommodation, so we can work with you to provide a more accessible process.
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job Posting 01/14/20
Unposting Date Ongoing