At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Senior Manager, HRIS will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the VP, Human Resources, this individual will partner with key HR and business stakeholders to analyze work process design and flow to improve processes, and is proficient in HRIS Systems, preferably Kronos, SAP and other HR related applications used at SCI. This role also supports the Payroll team to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll in light of all HRIS requirements. This is a technical role within HR requiring knowledge of HR systems as well as an ability to partner with HR on assessing process and systems impacts driven by legislation. The Senior HRIS Manager ensures adherence to project schedules required to meet short-term and long-term business needs, as well as supporting day-to-day service requests, and systems maintenance and updates. The HRIS leader serves as a technical point of contact for all HRBPs across the company and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The role is accountable for assessing change requests, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions that balance the need for SCI to serve its customers with the need for standardization and efficiency. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- You directs ongoing support of HR applications through the HRIS team, including day-to-day troubleshooting and emergency intervention.
- You can perform whatever work is necessary to address mission critical support in emergency situations.
- Serve as the key contact within the organization to resolve issues and respond to inquiries
- Partner with HR business partners and their clients to analyze system process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities.
- Manage the assessment, design, development and implementation of any approved system changes
- Ensure that solutions developed within the organization are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles
- Plan and executes unit, regression, integration and acceptance testing related to HR systems enhancements, changes and upgrades
- Facilitate workshops to understand user challenges, define process requirements, and document future state process maps and specs
- Assist in the development and implementation of performance standards/metrics and required procedures
- You maintain the highest degree of data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data
- You ensure proper requirements and documentation are in place and maintains business processes and condition rules
- Partner with IT to ensure compliance with change control processes, IT standards, data privacy, and policies
- Lead and/or supports implementations with a focus on stakeholders impacts and change management
- Maintain external contacts to access information on best practices in HRIS.
- Maintain knowledge of current legislation, collective agreements and system requirements pertaining to earnings and deductions as well as taxable benefits
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Computer Science or related disciplines
- 5+ of experience in HR systems or advanced HR system user (super user) experience
- Proven ability to mentor others in technical and/or business aspects of HR information systems
- Thorough understanding of project management theory, practice and associated methodologies
- Business knowledge related to the human resources, benefits and payroll functions
- SAP HRIS certification or training
- Proficiency in utilizing persona/business productivity tools including but not limited to the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Professional HR certifications an asset
- Holds oneself accountable to deliver on commitments on time, in scope, and with quality
- Operates with integrity to do what is right for the team and the business as a whole.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Is eager to learn, grow, and thinks differently to continuously improve
- Supports and encourages positive team interactions and experiences
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent