Job title :
VERNON HEALTH CENTRE
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Interior Health’s Contract Services Department in Vernon, BC is looking for a Permanent Full Time Contract Advisor to join their team! If you have graduated from Grade 12, successfully completed a Diploma in Business or Accounting, have three year's recent contract experience, and progressive experience working in a complex computerized environment ....Apply today!
The Contract Advisor is responsible for liaising with the Program Managers, Ministry of Health Services, British Columbia Health Care Risk Management Society, other Ministries, contractors and Interior Health staff on all aspects of contract management. The Contract Advisor’s typical duties include:
Hours of work:
- Provides input to and makes recommendations on the contract management process.
- Provides advice on contract management policies and procedures and acts as a liaison between the Interior Health staff, ministries and contractors.
- Reviews contracts (new, amendments & renewals) for Interior Health staff.
- Coordinates and monitors the processes governing all Interior Health Service Provider contracts to ensure compliance with government and Interior Health policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares and submits Master Insurance Program applications.
- Develops and maintains the Interior Health Service Provider contract database
- Batches and posts journal entries for contract accruals and reversal entries and any necessary adjustments for each period.
- Generates and reconciles the Contract Summary Reports.
- Trains Interior Health staff in utilizing the contract templates, and understanding of contract process
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Monday - Friday 08:00 – 16:00 hrs We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- 4-Step Wage Progression;
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits – BC Medical Services Plan, Dental Plan, Extended Health Care Plan, and Life Insurance – all Employer paid;
- Municipal Pension Plan;
- Generous vacation entitlement starting at 3 weeks in full time positions;
- Continuing Education program; and
- Disability & Wellness Programs.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today! Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Interior Health has been named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2020! This special designation recognizes the BC employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Successful completion of a Diploma in Business or Accounting, Plus
- Three year’s recent related contract experience, with progressive experience working in a complex computerized environment; Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience • Knowledge of contact management and accounting procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to work both independently and accept work guidance. • Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to operate related equipment and software applications such as Excel, Meditech, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Ministry of Health’s Information Management System.
- Ability to exercise tact, good judgement and confidentiality. • Ability to be flexible in dealing with a variety of tasks and priorities.
**Along with your resume, Please submit your High School Diploma and Diploma in Business or Accounting. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Colleges/Universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**