Tailwind Transportation Software, a fast-growing logistics software company, is looking for an experienced Accountant to join the team at its head office in North Delta/Surrey, BC. Tailwind creates and markets a software-as-a-service transportation management application across North America and around the world, delivering a solution that helps trucking and freight brokerage companies organize and operate their businesses more effectively.
Tailwind offers a competitive salary, along with a benefits package that includes a gym membership to a facility 100 yards away. We promote a balanced work-life environment, supporting employee wellness and teamwork.
Does this sound like a fit for you? Please send us your resume and cover letter outlining why you'd be a great fit for Tailwind.
Reporting to the President and CFO, the Accountant position will be a key contributor in managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, as well as preparation and analysis of financial statements. This position will assist in preparation of the annual budget and will be assigned various financial projects and other administrative functions as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare payroll on a semi-monthly basis including commission calculations and payroll deductions
- Maintain general ledgers and complete monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements and analysis including monthly and year end
- Manage account payable and prepare ELECTRONIC cheque runs (includes GST, PST, HST payments)
- Assist in managing account receivables
- Prepare customer invoices
- Ensure paperwork is matched and filed appropriately
- Assist in preparing annual budget and variance analysis
- Recommend and implement improvements in business processes and internal control procedures
- Assist in any financial projects that may arise
- Assist with other admin functions, as required
- Currently enrolled in the CPA program or holds a Diploma or Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum two years of bookkeeping experience required with two fiscal year ends completed
- Experience with an accounting software package, ideally Sage Intacct
- Experience managing payroll in a similar sized company
- Extremely proficient with Excel or comparable development experience, great computer skills required
- Ability to identify and implement accounting appropriate accounting policies
- Strong sense of customer focus
- Ability to work effectively within and collaborate with a team
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work independently, time manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to problem solve with relative ease
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 /year
- Full Cycle Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- Accounts payable
- Preparing financial statements (e.g. balance sheet, P&L, statement of cash flows)
- Tax preparation
- Processing expense reports
- Conducting planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Reviewing and maintaining internal controls processes and systems
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management