Operating Room Technician, Permanent Full-Time
Operating Room/PACU, James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre, Gander
Definition of work:
This professional nursing position will work in collaboration with team members across various aspects of the surgical services program within JPM and has responsibility to provide complete nursing care in the Operating Room/Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The successful candidate will report to the Regional Manager - Operating Room-PACU-Day Surgery. The candidate will be required to follow a twelve-week schedule that includes on call coverage for evenings and weekends. The successful candidate must demonstrate an awareness of and be responsible for promoting and supporting person-and family-centred care, demonstrate a commitment to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks and implementing improvements.
Financial incentives may be available for this position. Please contact the People and Culture department at 292-2460 for further information.
Hours of work:
- Graduation from high school with a diploma recognized by the Newfoundland and Labrador Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
- Graduation from a practical nursing program approved by Central Health.
- Currently registered with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Current BLS certification.
- Completion of a comprehensive recognized peri-operative nursing course.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Consistent demonstration of Central Health's corporate values; Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Equity and Safety
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
- A satisfactory Certificate of Conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
75 hours bi-weekly (Shift work may be required)
Competition closing date:
Open Until Filled
Central Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.