Office Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Our growing IT consulting service and solution business is looking for an experienced Content Writer/Marketing Associate. The selected candidate will help shape marketing initiatives by creating technical content including blog articles, newsletters, social media posts, proposals and more. In addition, they will provide valuable assistance in the development and implementation of DLS’ marketing strategies as it relates to our strategic partnerships, clients and most importantly our patented vKey Secure Remote Access solution. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, detail-oriented and is able to work in a fast-paced environment. If you are a deadline-driven professional with a strong work ethic and a background in marketing and operational support, we want to hear from you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
A. Content Writing:
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into polished and engaging content such as blogs, social media, whitepapers, website copy and more.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards;
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success;
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement;
- Assist on the creation and review of DLS SoW and Project documentation;
- Develop and help plan content for the DLS and vKey websites and social media accounts. (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), including blogs, corporate and product website and postings;
- Assist in development, deployment, and maintenance of newsletters and articles;
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns to support industry outreach, program launches, and more;
- Assist with planning and execution of executive and corporate events and event logistic, both virtual and physical;
- Plan and develop marketing materials, white \papers highlighting awareness of emerging trends, solutions and use cases;
- Plan and execute email marketing campaigns and landing pages, report on campaign results;
- Assist with internal, client communications, and RFP submissions (as needed);
Security Clearance: The Employee must hold a valid Reliability Status/Secret level personnel security clearance during the Agreement period. The candidate is eligible to apply for the Reliability Status.
- College or University degree in Communications, Marketing, Professional Writing or relevant field;
- Experience in writing in a professional setting
- Experience conducting marketing activities (print, social media, event management, etc.);
- Strong attention to detail;
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information (eligible for Canadian Federal Government security clearance, min. Reliability Status)
- Knowledge of MS Office, back-office applications, and social media platforms
- Reliable, patient and professional
- Work experience in the Information Technology industry, or IT consulting service industry
- Fundamental understanding of the Information Technology industry language and terminology
- Verbal and written communication skills in French
- Experience with Bullhorn, editing software (Adobe, Microsoft Publisher, etc.) an asset
DLS provides hands-on training and an opportunity to work on some of the most interesting and cutting-edge projects in this fast-paced industry, providing ample opportunities to employees to grow and achieve their career goals. We encourage you to come and be a part of the DLS Team today.
In addition to a resume, applicants may also submit writing samples or portfolios for consideration.
*Thank you to all applicants; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Start Date: Immediately
- Sector: Private
- Open positions: 1 (Co-op/Students)
- Location: Ottawa
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Language Requirements: English
- Duration: 4 months to 8 months
- Security Clearance: Reliability Status or eligible for Reliability Status application
- Must be eligible to work in Canada either as a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Contract length: 4 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $47,391.00-$57,923.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Currently working remote. Office accessible if required.
- Content creation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Professional/Technical writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)