MODSOLID is a division of Northplex Ltd., which builds and sells modular residential homesand commercial buildings with unparalleled customer service in Western Canada. All modules are constructed in-house at our 165,000 square foot climate-controlled facility in Barrhead Alberta, using new and cutting-edge technology. As the manufacturer, we can control the process to provide quality homes on time and on budget for both developers and new home buyers.
Northplex Ltd. is currently seeking a Production Member, Plumber. This position is responsible for planning, installing and servicing plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment and controls in modular housing. This position reports directly to the Lead Hand, Plumbing.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Accurate installation and repairs/service of pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal.
· Review building plans and specifications to determine the layout for plumbing and related materials
· Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
· Identify required tools and special equipment
· Performs other related duties as required
· Valid Alberta Trade Journeyman Certification as a Plumber or 3rd/4th year Apprentice Plumber
· Must have current and relevant plumbing trade experience
· Have knowledge of the Alberta Building Code
· Thorough and current knowledge of applicable standards, practices, regulations, methods, tools and equipment of the trade
· Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
· Attention to detail
· Perform duties in an organized and productive manner in a fast paced environment
· Good communication skills and the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
· A willingness and ability to perform different tasks on a repetitive basis in a structured environment
· Proven ability to work in a safe manner and follow safety procedures
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent