Berwick House Retirement Community has a fantastic opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse. This position includes 100% Employer paid benefits, RRSP matching and career development opportunities. There are also incentives for picking up additional shifts and 24/7 clinical support from a Registered Nurse.
Hours of Work: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 3pm-11pm.
Under the direction of the LCU Team Leader, the LPN is directly responsible to provide care and assessment for the residents in the Licensed Residential Care Unit and for the emergency assessment of residents living in the Independent Living Apartments. The LPN initiates the planning, implementation and evaluation of care plans. The LPN administers medications, accurately records resident information and performs other clinical procedures as required within the LPN scope of practice, his/her competency level and the organization’s policies and procedures. The LPN directs and supervises the Resident Care Aides actively on duty.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An active membership with the BCCNP
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Completion of Food Safe and WHMIS certificates
- Experience in the field of geriatrics and willingness to keep self current on same
- Trained in full scope LPN practice and ability to perform duties based on individual competencies
- Good clinical, communication and problem solving skills, and an ability to work well with seniors, their families and the public
- Knowledge of methods of transfer, and capable of supporting residents with varying degrees of mobility
- Physically able to lift, bend and perform repetitive movements
- Knowledge of and compliance with the Residential Care Regulations to ensure a high standard of safe and quality care delivery
- Knowledge of principles and practices of nursing and nursing procedures
Skills & Abilities:
- Tact, sound judgment & confidentiality
- Patience & reliability
- Relationship building & team oriented
- Excellent communication including verbal & written, listening, understanding & responding
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer relationships and hospitality by being caring and courteous to residents, families, visitors, and co-workers
- Problem solving & conflict resolution skills
- Meeting ethical guidelines and professional standards
Please submit your resume and cover letter via INDEED.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $28.57 to $30.87 /hour
- CPR (Required)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)