Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a HVAC Technician to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
The HVAC Technician is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and repairing the Company’s assets at our New North Star facility. This position primarily focus will be the HVAC systems but will also involve other tasks as assigned. The HVAC Technician is also responsible for identifying any unsafe work conditions and taking appropriate actions to remediate any issues.
This position plays a critical role in continuous improvement through identifying both equipment and procedural changes. Supports company initiatives to achieve goals and objectives set by our BAFRINO mandate and the Champion Petfoods vision “to be trusted by pet lovers worldwide.”
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with schematics, operation manuals, manufacturer's specifications and local codes, all mechanical and electrical equipment
related to the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems in the facility.
- Performs regular inspections and filter changes in all AHUs and MAUs.
- Provides both emergency repairs and scheduled maintenance of building and production equipment, including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic,
- Diagnoses defects in equipment by observing mechanical devices while in operation.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Communicates any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality
seamless customer service
- Tests repaired equipment for proper performance
- Cleans, lubricates and performs other maintenance work
- Keeps detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintains a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Responsible for the knowledge and understanding of all company policies and regulations. Works to ensure BAFRINO Mission, Vision, Core Values and Culture is
understood, starting with her/his behavior of leading by example.
- Other mechanical repair work as required
- Ticketed refrigeration /Air Conditioning Mechanic along 3+ year applicable experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Solid knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Strong basic mathematical skills and solid basic computer competency
- Possession of a solid experience with MAUs, AHUs, Condensing Units, Humidifiers and other HVAC systems.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Self-directed, with ability to successfully work independently and good interpersonal skills with ability to successfully work with diverse groups within a fast paced,
- Effective attention to detail, sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Commitment to promoting and supporting health and safety in the workplace
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times