Job Title: Family Physician
There is currently an opportunity in our Vancouver Centre. We are open to working with individuals that are interested in any of our sites in Calgary, Edmonton and North Vancouver
Copeman Healthcare consists of a group of private, multidisciplinary clinics with clinics in British Columbia and Alberta. As there are often misconceptions about our funding and care delivery model, we would like to take this opportunity to address them.
- We are deeply committed to the public health system in Canada. We are one of very few clinics that actively research clinical delivery models to provide the best outcomes in the most cost effective manner – and by utilizing non-physician professional staff to the greatest extent possible. The work we do in this areshow closeda is probably as important as any being done in primary health care and we believe we will someday be recognized as leaders in helping avert a very real crisis that is unfolding in primary health care.
- Our specialty is preventive health care. Our belief is that this is the key to an affordable, high quality health system. Our vision of true preventive health care is therapeutic lifestyle change using a multi-disciplinary approach. Our clinic is staffed with registered dietitians, kinesiologists, psychologists, neuropsychologists, physiotherapists, registered nurses, nurse practitioners and diagnostic technicians. In addition to driving primary prevention programs, our inter-professional teams also support physicians in delivering care for secondary prevention/chronic disease management. Examples would be our hypertension, metabolic syndrome and diabetic programs.
- We are no more of a “private” clinic than any other clinic. Our revenues come from a blend of public and private funds as in any clinic.
- We are not a clinic for the “worried well” – or only for the wealthy. We have a wonderful roster of clients, many of whom have complex medical issues. They have one thing in common – a commitment to prevention & being healthy and well.
Here are some specifics about the practice opportunity so that you can determine right away whether this opportunity could fit into your professional and personal plans:
- The positions we are looking for are “full time and part time”. (Monday – Friday). The work day is generally 8:00am – 5:00pm.
- Your patient roster would be approximately 500 patients. The goal is for you to have no more than 10 -12 appointments per day on average so you can deliver the highest quality medical care possible, with ample time for team collaboration and research.
- You will be assigned a shared full-time Medical Office Assistant (MOA) which we term “Clinical Care Coordinator” in our facilities.
- The facilities are 100 percent computerized, using technologies both acquired and built in-house. We have a staff of full time information technology professionals. You should be completely comfortable with EMR systems.
- You will be totally free from the pressures of administration, finance and the clock so you can focus on great medicine. We practice what we preach, so we want everyone to go home “unburdened” to their family and friends when the clinic closes.
Candidates must be registered or eligible with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta and/or British Columbia
Doctorate in Medicine
Registered with CMPA
Specific Skills :
Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures; Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients' health; Prescribe and administer medications and treatments; Inoculate and vaccinate patients; Advise patients on health care; Report births, deaths, contagious and other diseases; Communicate health promotion/disease prevention to patients; Perform patient advocacy role; Manage patient care and actively collaborate with a team of inter-professionals.
Full-time and Part-time employment, reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Operations and Medical Director
Job Type: Contract
- Family Medicine: 3 years (Preferred)
- Doctoral Degree (Preferred)
- CMPA (Preferred)
- College of Physician's of AB or BC AB (Preferred)