We are currently seeking Mover Drivers to join our growing Transportation & Logistics team in Ottawa.
MUST HAVE A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE AND A GOOD DRIVING RECORD
- Competitive wages
- Full-Time, year round
- Overtime opportunities
- Quarterly bonuses
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Career development opportunities
- Controls the progress of the move and provides direction to the Movers
- Serves as on-site liaison with the guest; reviews inventory of items to be moved and recommends special precautions for precious items.
- Safely operates a Dymon truck to transport goods to and from each guest’s home or place of business; conducts daily MTO vehicle inspections; reports damage or repair requirements to the Fleet Manager; maintains the trucks in a clean and orderly fashion, fully stocked with equipment and moving supplies, prepped and ready for the next job at all times.
- Monitors inventory of moving supplies onboard the truck; sells products to facilitate the move and promotes other Dymon services.
- Loads and unloads quickly and efficiently and with the highest level of regard for our guest’s property, ensuring that all loads are properly secured.
- Keeps track of hours and the consumption of moving supplies for the purpose of producing accurate billings.
- Communicates with the Moving Supervisor in a timely fashion regarding any guest issues, damages, accidents or significant estimate over-runs.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Moving Supervisor or General Manager between scheduled moves.
You will Bring:
- Excellent communication & communication skills, Bilingualism considered an asset
- Knowledge of best practices for the safe handling of customer’s personal possessions, commercial goods while loading a truck.
- Two years moving experience (Preferred)
- Two years driving commercial vehicles
- High School Diploma (Preferred)
- Valid driver's license
Moving is a strenuous and physically demanding position. Movers must be capable of bending and lifting heavy furniture and appliances.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements, as well as your commitment to a Guest-first approach. We thank all those who apply and apologize that we can only contact candidates who are selected for further consideration.
If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
We have Great Perks * Health & Dental Plan * Paid Sick Days * Employee Assistance Program * Employee Educational Investments * Community Involvement Activities * Employee Recognition Awards * Training Opportunities * Team Events & Celebrations and more!
We welcome your interest in joining the DYMON Team!
Guest First. People Focused. Results Driven.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Commercial Moving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Residential Moving: 2 years (Preferred)
- Commercial Driving: 2 years (Preferred)