Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller is a big picture thinker who has demonstrated initiative in building process efficiencies to support the growth of the business. In addition, he/she will be responsible for ensuring all the required accounting duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner while supervising an Accounts Payable Specialist.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
Supervision - Accounts Payable
- Supervise all Accounts Payable functions for both BC and AB subsidiaries
- Ensure all AP deadlines are being met (i.e. month end, cheque run, timely vendor payment)
- Provide training and guidance to AP Specialist (BC) and Accounting and Admin Coordinator (AB) on day-to-day accounts payable responsibilities
- Ensure the Company’s Purchasing Policy is being adhered to
- Administer Corporate Credit Card program
Finance and Accounting
- Ensure all accounting deadlines are being met (ie. Month end, year end)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements
- Prepare Monthly Management reporting package, including Budget vs Actual Analysis and key KPIs
- Prepare cash forecast on the weekly basis ensuring the company is in a healthy-cash position
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations including accounting analysis
- Inter-company accounts reconciliation and maintenance
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger
- Act as a backup Netsuite Administrator + Netsuite Reports builder
- Sales tax – ensure all subsidiaries are in compliance on the monthly basis (GST, PST)
- Assist with year end preparation and review engagement
- Actively participate in, and at times lead process improvement projects (i.e. Netsuite upgrades)
- Coordination between Finance, Operations and Sales departments
- Participate in weekly team meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Corporate Controller
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Professional accounting designation / CPA (Canada)
- 3+ years accounting supervisory experience in a medium size private company, preferably in a team-oriented, project accounting environment
- Solid knowledge of ASPE
- Hands on experience working with NetSuite or similar ERP system
- Demonstrated advanced level skills with Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software
Attributes & Skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to lead others in this area.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving, crafting a win-win solution
- Ability to calmly manage multiple and competing priorities
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong, interactive team player, and integrative thinker
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3_ not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier_ and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department.
Please indicate “Assistant Controller ” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Accounting within construction industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- CPA (Required)
- work eligibilty for Canada WITHOUT sponsorship (Required)
- English (verbal and written) (Required)