We are looking for a legal assistant experienced in the area of Real Estate to perform the following duties:
- Manage and maintain Real Estate files using dedicated software including Conveyancer, etc.;
- Manage and meet Real Estate Closing deadlines;
- Prepare closing documents, Teraview searches, Real Estate agreements and letters;
- Answer real estate client inquiries regarding their matters;
- Prepare draft responses to routine real estate communication from clients and other lawyers;
- Provide support in the areas of Wills and Estate Administration;
- Provide support in the area of Litigation; and
- General office duties which may include reception duties, set-up meetings and make appointments, update diaries, sort and post mail, order supplies, etc.
The ideal candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- 2 years of experience in Real Estate Law with broad understanding of real estate practices and all aspects of real estate transactions;
- Past experience in the areas of Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Corporate and/or Commercial law.
The ideal candidate's skills must include:
- Experience with Conveyancer and Teraview;
- Proficiency in PCLaw and Microsoft Word, Word Perfect;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Pleasant telephone demeanour;
- High attention to detail.
We are looking for an energetic individual with the ability to produce high volumes of quality work under tight deadlines. This position requires an excellent multi-tasker with strong legal secretarial skills to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have excellent client service, organizational and practice management skills.
Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment and educational verification.
Job Type: Full-time