Licensed Practical Nurses – F/T - Signing Incentive Offered
Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, KRRC serves persons of all ages with, intellectual,
physical, behavioral, psychological, and/or psychiatric disabilities. We have an opening for
Full-time Permanent LPN’s currently available at Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
(KRRC) located in Waterville, Nova Scotia.
We are seeking nurses who are committed to working within a multidisciplinary team to
provide a holistic plan of care and services to clients. The position provides an opportunity to
build professional relationships with clients, work in a leadership role, and be a valued
contributing member of the multidisciplinary team. Providing and coordinating client care,
Licensed Practical Nurses will work at their scope of practice in accordance with the goals,
missions and philosophy of KRRC.
KRRC is in an exciting time of transition as we partner with Department of Community
Services to meet the challenge of preparing our clients to work and live as independently as
possible in the community and preparing and educating our staff to encourage clients to make
positive choices and promote the rights of clients in keeping with the United Nations
Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
Reporting to Program Manager – In-Centre, this position requires a person, who is able to
work independently, understands client choices, and is able to build positive, respectful
relationships with the ability to pro-actively resolve differing views, embrace change and thrive
in a fast-paced environment with conflicting priorities.
Shift Schedules – 12 hour rotating shifts; including holidays and weekends.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Must be a graduate of a recognized Licensed Practical Nursing Program and currently
licensed (or eligibility for licencing) with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova
- Strong leadership abilities with a minimum of 2 years nursing experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in areas of client care practices, as related to persons with
intellectual and physical disabilities, psycho geriatrics and behavioral challenges is an asset
- Ability to promote and enhance positive, collaborative working relationships
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and the demonstrated ability to be self-
- Analytical and critical thinking skills that will enhance problem solving and decision-making
- Creativity and flexibility in approaching issues/concerns and implements best practices
- Committed to continuing education, sharing knowledge and developing the potential in others
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s strategic direction and to the principles of the
UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) and DSP
- Possess strong computer skills; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Required to provide criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence
Please direct applications including cover letter/resume by to:
Kings Regional Rehabilitation Centre
1349 County Home Road,
PO Box 128
Waterville, NS B0P 1V0
We appreciate all applications; however only those candidates invited for an interview will be notified.