- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of the Sportsplex, campground, playgrounds, ball fields, municipal facilities and greenspaces including the cemetery.
- Assist with the day to day operations to ensure the upkeep of the complex and other facilities and infrastructure within the approved budget.
- Position is based in Longlac; duties throughout Greenstone assigned as required.
- Minimum of Grade 12
- Must possess a valid Class G (or higher) driver’s license
- Employment is conditional upon Vulnerable Sector Records Check clearance
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance on facilities and equipment
- Ability to obtain Refrigeration and Maintenance certification and other required licenses
- Reporting to Parks and Recreation Working Foreman
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure compliance of the Health & Safety Program
- Daily checks and maintenance of all recreation and municipal facilities, equipment and amenities
- Preparation, set-up and clean-up of Sportsplex for functions
- Preparation, installation and maintenance of ice surfaces
WORKING CONDITIONS AND HOURS OF WORK
- Outside in all weather
- Noise and fumes from equipment
- Physical activities include lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing and crawling
- Liquid and compressed fuel handling
- May be required to work overtime as requested. Shift work as required.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume quoting job posting PR-19-05 by no later than 4:30 pm, Friday, April 12, 2019 to:
Chris Zweep, Human Resources Department
Municipality of Greenstone Administration Office Fax (807) 854-1468
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.57 /hour
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Class G Driver's License (Required)