LessThan3 is a small custom software development company specializing in web-based business applications.
We are looking for a Jr. Web Developer to work on special projects at various stages of development.
Our description of you, the ideal applicant:
You’re an ambitious individual, likely having graduated some kind of educational institution for software programming and web development, and are looking for an exciting, fast-paced work environment. You enjoy working in small, “get-er-done” teams, and have a thirst for knowledge Google can barely satiate.
As a Jr. Web Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Participating in all stages of the web application development process (design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance).
- Providing bug fixes for new and existing software.
- Perform research to investigate technologies as required for projects.
- Supporting and maintaining support for various web technologies.
- Testing application development for various mobile applications and web technologies.
- Other tasks, as required. We are a small company, and you can expect to “wear many hats”.
You must be familiar with:
- C# ASP.NET MVC
- MVC application architecture design
- Understanding of relational database design, construction, SQL, and the Entity Framework
- HTML5 / CSS3
- Various CSS Frameworks (Bootstrap, Grid960, etc.)
- Cross-browser development
- Testing Frameworks (NUnit, etc.)
- Scrum development
- DRY (Don’t repeat yourself)
- Coding standards
- ReactJS / NodeJS / MongoDB experience
- MVVM concepts (Angular JS / Knockout / Backbone)
- Phone Gap / Cordova building
- Native Mobile technologies (IOS / Android)
- Experience with installing and maintaining popular CMS systems (Wordpress, Joomla, Piranah, ModX, TextPattern, Refinery CMS, Drupal, DotNetNuke, Umbraco)
- Knowledge of various design patterns
- Knowledge of various refactoring techniques
- Development environments:
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Git repository
- SEO Techniques
- Video Production
- Media Creation (Photoshop / Illustrator)
- Experience in Front end design and implementation with various design tools from concept to full html build out (Photoshop / Illustrator à HTML5 / CSS3)
- UI Design (Wireframing)
We purposely do not specify years of experience for any skillset, but please include this on your resume. We are conscious of the unique blend of skills we require, and anticipate there will be a steep learning curve (read: lots of information, short period of time to convert to actionable information).
This is an excellent opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience both inside and outside of software development.
We are located on 17th Ave by Tubby Dog, in a dog-friendly office .
Job Type: Full-time